Niall Moody has released version 2.13 of Pedalboard2, a VST (and AU on OSX) plug-in host designed for live use.
Hey there! I’ve just uploaded a new version of the Pedalboard. This update’s mostly about MIDI. Here’s the main features:
- MIDI learn for application and plugin mappings.
- Per-plugin MIDI channel filtering.
- Optional Event Log for debugging MIDI and OSC issues.
Pedalboard2 for Windows and Mac is freeware.
More information: Niall Moody / Pedalboard2
sonicLAB has announced version 2.2 of Cosmosƒ, a real-time dynamic stochastic synthesis engine.
newest update: Cosmosƒ V2.2 offers a powerful and unique preset morphing mechanism. With 2D / 3D control interface + homogeneous and heterogeneous micro waveform handling, it “rethinks” for you what you know as “morphing”…
A sonic morphing process defines a metaphor of exploring the sonic shape and timbral evolution on intermediate levels. Cosmosƒ V2.2 gives the possibility to manipulate its composants responsable for its bottom-up sonic construction within necessary correspondance, precision and smoothness.
Cosmosƒ advanced stochastic synthesizer.
Changes in Cosmosƒ v2.2
- 2D / 3D preset morphing mechanism. Up to 4 different preset parameter space can be morphed by traveling inside a 3D sphere by adjusting the polar coordinates within a unique interface design.
- Stochastic morphing with distribution range for altering the morphing position, speed and interpolation control.
- Built-in mathematical functions to automatically and precisely move the morphing pointer in the space.
- Precise audio rate parameter update with the possibility of reaching amazing morphing speeds (44100times a second!)
- turns Cosmosƒ into a super oscillator by accumulating up to 4 different presets in heterogeneous micro event mixing mode prior to the morphing phase.
Cosmosƒ for Windows and Mac is available to purchase for 89 EUR.
More information: sonicLAB
Twisted Tools has updated the Rolodecks loop slicer multi-effect built for Native Instruments Reaktor to version 1.06.
Control Twisted Tools Rolodecks from your iPad.
The update features a tightly integrated Lemur template and mapped instrument allowing users to control Rolodecks using their iPad. The integration takes advantage of Reaktor 5.8‘s brand new OSC capabilities, providing Rolodecks users with touch control over every single parameter and setting. Furthermore, thanks to Reaktor 5.8 the Lemur template can be used to control Rolodecks in either standalone or plugin mode.
In addition to the free Lemur template, the update includes a number of small improvements to Rolodecks.
Changes in Rolodecks v1.06
- Lemur template and mapped instrument for Liine’s Lemur App for iPad (iPad and Lemur app not included).
- Numerous small fixes and improvements.
Rolodecks costs $49 USD, Rolodecks Pro is $69 USD. The update is free for registered users.
More information: Twisted Tools / Rolodecks
Native Instruments has updated its Reaktor modular studio software for Windows and Mac to version 5.8.
REAKTOR 5.8 opens a universe of sound. It’s a deep and powerful modular studio that sets no restrictions on creativity. More than 70 unique synthesizers, sound generators, grooveboxes, sequencers and effects are at your fingertips, with 3000+ more freely available in the Online User Library. Customize existing instruments, or create your own individual sound generator from scratch thanks to the fully modular architecture. REAKTOR is a true playground for the creative mind.
Changes in Reaktor v5.8
- Updated OSC Settings window.
- Improved handling of OSC and MIDI, enables fast and easy mapping of MIDI & OSC controllers to Reaktor ensembles in Play Mode.
- New OSC Array modules, for sending and receiving OSC messages in array format.
- OSC in plug-in mode.
- OSC learn feature now also implemented in Play mode.
- OSC activity indicator.
- Limits on the total number of OSC connections have been removed.
- Maximum numbers of ports for the OSC Send and Receive modules has been increased to 40.
- Improved sample management, including the ability to manage samples when in Play Mode.
- Various workflow improvements in the sample map editor.
- Selection of sampler module per drop down menu.
- Show sampler module in structure functionality.
- Mouse control fine tuning.
- Bookmark behavior for Screensets.
- Fixed sample rate per Ensemble.
- Various other fixes and improvements.
Reaktor is available to purchase for 379 EUR.
More information: Native Instruments / Reaktor
, Keith McMillen Instruments
Posted in news
on Nov 02, 2012
Keith McMillen Instruments has launched a Kickstarter project for QuNexus, a new smart sensor keyboard controller.
QuNexus is the first keyboard controller to unite four generations of synthesis: MIDI, Control Voltage, OSC and USB.
QuNexus is a controller that everyone can have fun with. 25 vividly illuminated, touch-sensitive keys invite the beginner to explore, and provide valuable performance feedback for the professional.
Smart Sensor keys detect pressure, location, and velocity giving you unprecedented musical control.
Together with popular software apps, beginners can learn to play quickly and easily with QuNexus’ game-like blue and white glowing keys, creating a fun and interactive learning experience. Now anyone can play the piano.
- 25 Smart Sensor Keys detect Pressure, Location, and Velocity.
- Polyphonic Aftertouch.
- 7 Octave range.
- Pitch Bend Pad.
- 2 CV/Gate Inputs.
- Gate and 3 CV Outputs (16-bit).
- Blue and White LED Illumination with 16 levels of brightness.
- Portable: 14 oz, 3.5″ x 10″ x .5 “.
- Plug and Play: USB powered, no drivers needed.
- MacOS, Windows, iOS, Android, Linux.
The QuNexus project will be funded if at least $20,000 USD is pledged by Tuesday December 18th, 2:59am EST. Starting at a $150 USD pledge for a first edition QuNexus, backers can expect the controller to be delivered in April, 2013.
More information: Keith McMillen Instruments / QuNexus