Selig Audio has launched the Selig DeEsser, a Rack Extension effect for Propellerhead Reason.
The Selig DeEsser is an advanced vocal DeEsser that not only allows you to accurately detect and reduce sibilance found at any level in a vocal track, but also to extract all sibilance to its own mixer channel in real time.
Despite this sophistication the Selig DeEsser couldn’t be simpler: many users may find instant success with the default settings! There are no thresholds to set, no EQs to fine-tune, and no filters of any sort in the audio path. This provides you with the cleanest signal and simplest setup possible in a de-esser.
Selig DeEsser features
- Intelligent Sibilance Detection algorithm.
- No threshold to set.
- D-S extraction mode.
- Unique V-S extraction mode.
- Can route voice and sibilance channels.
- Simplest set-up.
- Perfect for all de-essing needs.
Selig DeEsser is available from the Propellerhead Shop for 49 EUR.
More information: Selig Audio / Selig DeEsser
kiloHearts has announced a limited time Holiday Sale on its kHs ONE synthesizer instrument for Windows and Mac.
Treat yourself to some warm waveforms in the cold winter!
kHs ONE is currently 30% off, both as VST, AU and RE.
The sale ends December 31st, 2013.
More information: kiloHearts
AirRaid Audio has released the Pandemic multiband autopan and Mutagen multiband distortion Rack Extensions for Propellerhead Reason.
Pandemic is a wholly unorthodox multiband autopan.
It features 3 bands, each one complete with a panner, stereo spreader, phase and spin controls, and an innovative modulation section which can generate anything from subtle, organic variations to creative, controlled chaos. This unique combination of features makes Pandemic a veritable panacea for lifeless tracks.
With Pandemic, get ready to unleash pandemonium.
Mutagen is a unique take on the multiband distortion concept.
It features 3 bands, 15 powerful distortion algorithms—from classic low-fi effects to custom-designed audio manglers—and an innovative Stereo Mix section, which allows you to isolate not only specific frequencies, but also specific ranges within the stereo field.
This gives you a microscopic level of precision with which to mutate your sound.
The Rack Extensions are available to purchase for $39 USD / 32 EUR each.
More information: AirRaid Audio
Code Diggers has launched DQ, a band dynamics Rack Extension for Propellerhead Reason.
DQ is a band dynamic processor for vocal de-essing, drum punch reduction or accentuation, sidechain bass reduction and generic surgical band compression and expanding for creative and mixing purposes.
- Compression and expanding modes.
- Steep 96 db/oct filters for precise detection range selection.
- Configurable up to 20 ms lookahead time for sharp transient handling.
- Sidechain input (with passthru output for convenience).
- Intuitive preview modes.
- Detector cv output and processor cv input for use with other devices.
- 64-bit internal processing and optional 2x oversampling.
The DQ Rack Extension costs 35 EUR.
More information: Code Diggers DQ
Related: Adam Fielding
, James Miles
, Jeremy Janzen
, Lewis Osborne
, Navi Retlav
, Nucleus SoundLab
, Rack Extension
, samples and sound libraries
, Shaun Wallace
Posted in news
on Dec 09, 2013
Nucleus SoundLab has announced Hyperdrive, a ReFill for the Parsec synthesizer instrument by Propellerhead Software.
The first additive synth for Propellerhead Reason is now available – the Parsec Spectral Synthesizer. Parsec is truly an amazing piece of audio engineering, capable of sounds that would simply never be possible in the virtual analog realm of Thor and Subtractor. Today Nucleus SoundLab has released the first Reason ReFill created specifically for the Parsec Rack Extension – Hyperdrive. Are you ready to blast off into the spectral reaches of Reason?
Hyperdrive contains a full palette of new sounds for Parsec, suitable for a variety of electronic music genres – such as ambient, IDM, trance, or filmscore. Nucleus SoundLab has employed five experienced sound designers to produce a ReFill of truly varied scope. Inside Hyperdrive you’ll find their work has produced Blade Runner-esque FX, piercing psychedelic leads, glassy sweeping pads, hybrid Parsec/Thor duets as well deep sci-fi atmospheres.
The same quality customers have come to expect from Nucleus SoundLab is well-represented in Hyperdrive: Unique Combinators with unique Combinator controls; Parsec patches that make up each Combinator are individually available; full categorization of both Combinators and device patches; careful volume-balancing for every single patch. Together, Parsec and Hyperdrive are the perfect combination to propel your electronic music productions to vast new aural galaxies!
- 128 unique Combinators across eight categories.
- 178 Parsec device patches.
- 2 demo songs packed inside the ReFill.
- All Combinator rotaries/buttons/modwheel uniquely mapped.
- Patches designed by veteran Reason sound designers – Adam Fielding, Shaun Wallace, Lewis Osborne, Navi Retlav, James Miles and Jeremy Janzen.
- Requires: Parsec Rack Extension.
Hyperdrive is available to purchase for $39 USD.
More information: Nucleus SoundLab / Hyperdrive
Propellerhead Software has launched its Black Friday Sale, offering up to 50% off products.
The Propellerhead Shop Black Friday Sale has started! More than 30 Rack Extension are on sale, with discounts up to 50% off!
Don’t miss out on this chance to grab that instrument, effect or tool that you have been dreaming of – at a great price.
Visit the shop now to grab your bargain. But don’t be late, offers last today only!
More information: Propellerhead / Black Friday Sale
SoundMod has announced Tritone, a multi-band waveshaper Rack Extension effect for Reason.
Tritone architecture use multiband processing to create its rich tone. In simple terms, Tritone splits the incoming signal into three bands and process them individually thus allowing you to get full control over distorted signal.
With its architecture and its sets of controls, Tritone is suitable for any kind of audio material. It is good at adding dynamic movement, simply adding some character, completely transform shapes of the audio signal and give life to your track. Make it sounds warm or going nasty, the choice is yours.
- 1 Tube like preamp stage.
- 2 Points cossover (3 band).
- 1 Waveshaper per band.
- 11 Waveshaping algorithms.
- 1 Bandwidth limiter.
- 1 Envelope follower modulator with 2 target for each bands.
- Anti-aliasing filters.
- Great sets of CV inputs.
- 1 Stereo output per band.
- Great sets of preset and combinator patches.
Tritone is available to purchase for the introductory price of 32 EUR / $39 USD until November 24th, 2013 (regular 39 EUR / $49 USD).
More information: SoundMod / Tritone
Numerical Sound has announced Bass Tilt Filters (BTF), a Rack Extension that contains 36 convolution filters at each Reason sample rate to brighten or darken your sounds in the most transparent way possible.
They can be used in a wide range of applications: from mastering to adding warmth or clarity, from creative sound design to changing the emphasis of effects – or even emulating the sound of a vintage recordings.
Dark Tilt filters can remove harshness and blend sounds into a mix. Brighter Tilt filters emphasize the high end, adding presence that can keep sounds from getting lost in the mix.
Bass Tilt Filters features
- BTL cutoff frequencies are at C2 (65 Hz), C3 (131 Hz) and C4 (262 Hz) each with 6 levels of bright and dark – a total of 36 filters at each sample rate offered by Reason.
- This convolution software makes precision sound possible that is otherwise unattainable with parametric and multiband EQ because of its inherent lack of resonance curves and phase distortion.
- Stereo Width, Gain, Pan and Dry/Wet controls make it easy to mix and shape the sounds.
- Audiophile design supports 44.1, 48, 88.2, 96 and 192 KHz sample rates, with processing transparently optimized for each sample rate.
The Bass Tilt Filter Rack Extension is available to purchase for 39 EUR.
More information: Numerical Sound / Bass Tilt Filters