Sound Magic has updated its BlueStone Piano instrument for Windows and Mac to version 2.5.
BlueStone Piano starts with the robust Steinway sound, utilizing these powerful harmonics to create the unsurpassed authenticity and complexity that has long been a standard in concert halls around the world. BlueStone Piano has successfully captured the highly resonant wooden body flavor of a vintage Steinway built in 1927 and also managed to represents its unique singing tone through Sympathetic Resonance and soundboard resonant. It is a very emotional piano with great dynamic.
This new version features Sound Magic’s NEO Hybrid Modeling Engine, which provides better simulation on key release and Sympathetic Resonance Sound than previous releases. Also by offering newly designed Scala Tuning System, BlueStone Piano will provide better and richer sound than before, and allow the user more control over the sound.
Changes since BlueStone Piano v2.1
- New Key Release Modeling algorithm.
- New Sympathetic Resonance Sound algorithm.
- GUI keyboard now response to other note message in other channel as well.
- Lower CPU usage.
- New Sustain Pedal Release behavior.
- Many other minor changes.
- Demo Version also included Key Release Modeling now.
BlueStone Piano for Windows and Mac (VST/AU) is available to purchase for 99 EUR.
More information: Sound Magic / BlueStone Piano
Sound Magic has announced Neo Plasma, a new concept in multi delay type effects.
Neo Plasma uses a Plasma Collision System to maximize the randomness of several parameters, creating a bigger and richer sound than is possible with standard FX boxes. Neo Plasma features a whole multi delay system which enables Neo Plasma to produce several kinds of effects, including:
- Multi delay effect with feedback control and different modulation options that give it too many sound possibilities to list here. It can be a exciting modern delay FX one minute and a vintage delay effect with mellow and richer sound the next!
- Multi tap effect.
- 6 voices Echo effect.
- Chorus effect – but with our built-in modulation options, users can achieve a richer sound than other chorus effects on the market. Make their own unique chorus now!
- Flange effect.
- Many newly created EFX – Neo Plasma has a modular structure inside so it is possible for users to create new effects with different settings.
Sound Magic has made Neo Plasma easy to operate, too. Delay times AND note durations are completely in user’s control. With our graphic control GUI, users can easily move the icons to their desired positions and Neo Plasma will calculate the panning and volume for them automatically.
Neo Plasma features
- Internal 64-bit floating point precision.
- Innovative Plasma Collision System.
- Six modulated stereo delay lines.
- Independent feedback and LFO with stereo phase shift control on each tap.
- Over 20 modulation waveforms.
- Support up to 32Bit/384KHz resolution.
Neo Plasma for Windows (VST/Supreme Piano 2 add-on) is available to purchase for 49 EUR.
More information: Sound Magic / Neo Plasma
Sound Magic has announced the release of Liang’s Pipa, a virtual pipa instrument.
The Pipa is a four-stringed Chinese musical instrument which has a pear-shaped wooden body with a varying number of frets ranging from 12-26, belonging to the plucked category of instruments. The Pipa is able to express a wide range of emotions. It can be bright and harsh when you need to portray battles or great tension. The Pipa can also melt your heart with it’s warm expressive tones on sad songs or love ballads. Liang’s Pipa gives you more than 10 expression controls, allowing an amazing range of expression.
The Pipa, also known as the Chinese lute, is one of the most popular Chinese instruments and has been played for almost two thousand years. In comparison to western instruments such as violins or guitars, the Pipa has traditionally been dependent on many performance skills to produce it’s wide variations in sound. Liang’s Pipa is the largest sampled Pipa to appear on the market. Our 2.5GB library covers nearly all existing performance skills of Pipa, with over 15 categories and 60 variations.
To ensure the maximum accuracy and musicality in the reproduction of this complex and beautiful sound, Sound Magic invited the virtuoso from the prestigious Central Academy of Drama in Beijing to record their wide variety of sounds. To make it easier for you to sound like one of these world reknowned Pipa performers, Sound Magic has developed a simpler set of controls to let you control all 60 skills on the fly.
Liang’s Pipa features
- High Quality 24Bit/96KHz Resolution Samples..
- VSTi/AU/ Kontakt Format, VSTi supports Sound Magic’s Add-on System.
- Patented Multi-Dimension Vector Synthesis (MVS) Technologies.
- Over 2.5GB size and over 2000 samples.
- Key Switch, Mod switch different groups of samples.
- Multi Layer Velocity Sample provides realistic experience..
- Unique Effects Samples.
- Over 15 categories, 60 kinds of performance skills .
The sound library for Windows and Mac is available to purchase for $99 USD as a download.
More information: Sound Magic / Liang’s Pipa
Sound Magic has updated its The One effect plugin to version 1.1
is the easiest and the most convenient way for musicians to process their recordings. It features several options to choose from and only a single knob to implement them – that’s it.
There’s no confusing technical terminology. You only need to choose your goal and spin that single dial to get the desired result. The One is provided as a VST running under Windows and Add-on for Supreme Piano 2
Changes in The One v1.1
- Completely new Crystallizer algorithm, improved sound quality.
- Improved brighter algorithm.
- Less CPU usage on most systems.
- Correct automation names.
- Adjust wetter settings.
- Many minor changes.
The One for Windows is available to purchase for 69 EUR. Sound Magic customers pay 50 EUR.
More information: Sound Magic / The One
Sound Magic has released Neo Reference, a new tool for the final processing of digital music.
It combines several of Sound Magic’s cutting edge dithering and noise shaping algorithms. These algorithms will change the sound of your music and they will let you find the best timbre for your individual style. Each dither and noise shape has its own unique timbre. What you need to do is listen to them carefully and you find the one that works best for your sound.
You can also use Neo Reference to show you what your music will sound like on different playback devices. This killer feature allows you to preview your music as it would sound in your car, iphones, on a boom box – or an audiophile system!
Neo Reference features
- Internal 64-bit floating point precision.
- 4 Types of Dithering with depth control.
- 15 Sound Magic’s cutting edge noise shaping algorithms.
- Accurate modeling on Signal to Noise Ratio, Stereo Crosstalk and Frequency Respond Curve of common used playback devices.
- Can be combined use with Headphone Mix Version 3.0 for complete playback system emulation.
Neo Reference is available to purchase for 49 EUR (Windows VST or Add-on for Supreme Piano 2).
More information: Sound Magic / Neo Reference
Sound Magic has announced GrandEpiano, a virtual instrument featuring the sounds from a classic Rhodes Electric Piano.
By using our Sound Magic Award-Winning Hybrid Modeling Technology, GrandEpiano not only provides an accurate copy of the vintage electric piano sounds that appear in many great hits, but also provides the playability that physical modeling brings. And, you’re not limited to just the Rhodes – 10 precise controls allow you to easily enjoy the sounds of a Wurlitzer or perhaps a Horner.
An important feature of GrandEpiano is that you can freely “hybrid” this epiano sound with any of the piano modules in Supreme Piano 2 to create a new fantastic hybrid sound. GrandEpiano provides a special Hybrid Mode with 3 controls to help you better mix the native electric sounds with those of other great Sound Magic Pianos.
With GrandEpiano, we’ve included up to the minute EFXs, making it easy to find the exact sound with the exact effects that you need. By doing so, GrandEpiano is not just a vintage machine,but one that can bring modern sounds to your mixes. You can use GrandEpiano and its powerful effects system to create your own unique sound style, a new era for the electric piano!
- NEO Hybrid Modeling Electric Pianos.
- Internal Delay, Phaser, Chorus, Reverb and Compressor effect unit (native version).
- Specially designed Modulation and Chorus Effect Unit.
- Provides Vibrato, Tremolo and Auto Panner Modulation Effect.
- Unique Hybrid Mode enables GrandEpiano can hybrid with Sound Magic Pianos.
The GrandEpiano is available to purchase for Windows and Mac (VST/AU), priced at 69 EUR. Existing Sound Magic customers pay 50 EUR.
More information: Sound Magic / GrandEpiano