Waldorf has released Lector, a vocoder effect plug-in for Windows and Mac.
Robot voices, whispering strings, talking drum loops, rhythmic pads, the resonant ringing of bells, dripping water – the possibilities are all but infinite. With a quick tweak here and there, the Lector turns any incoming signal into novel sounds and effects.
Tremendously versatile, the Lector puts in your hands a sonic toolset for a wide range of diverse applications. Just about anything goes, from distorting the human voice to adding subtle harmonies to lead vocals and getting creative with movie soundtracks.
- 3 to 100 band Vocoder.
- Adjustable range of Analysis Filter Bank.
- Adjustable offsets and LFO modulation of Synthesis Filter Bank.
- 3-band Equalizer with variable mid band.
- Individual Compressors for Speech and Carrier signal.
- Voiced / Unvoiced Detector.
- Overdrive (types Tube, Diode, Clip).
- Stereo Chorus / Flanger, 2 to 6 stages.
- Stereo Delay, syncronizable.
- Sidechain input (VST 3 and Audio Unit).
- Carrier plug-in (VST 2).
- 16-voice Synthesizer (per voice):
- Polyphonic, Monophonic or Free-Running.
- 2 Oscillators, waveforms sine, triangle, sawtooth, pulse with pulse width modulation, sample&hold, noise, single and multi sample playback.
- Ring Modulation.
- Portamento / Glissando.
- 1 Filter, types Lowpass, Bandpass, Highpass, Notch (12dB and 24dB), Whitening.
- 1 LFO, synchronizable, waveforms sine, triangle, sawtooth, square, sample&hold, noise.
- 2 AR envelopes.
Lector for Windows and Mac (VST) is available to purchase for 199 EUR.
More information: Waldorf / Lector
Chris Jeffs has released Monnix, a performance synthesizer app for iPhone and iPod touch.
Is that a cat’s meow, a vocodered scream or an out of control robot? What kind of strange sounds could you make with Monnix?
Monnix is a new live performance synth app for the iPhone and iPod Touch which allows you to take control of up to 16 harmonics, for unique sound effects.
Movements can be replayed and altered, the Sample & Hold screen freezes the partials according to the selected tempo, and the synth settings can be customised, allowing for a wide variety of sonic mayhem.
Whether you need something extra for your next experimental concert, or you just like to have fun making weird noises, Monnix has something to offer you.
- A harmonics-based synthesiser App for iPhone and iPod Touch.
- Use up to 3 points of touch to control the distribution of the harmonics and the LFO parameters.
- 3 performance modes: Perform, Replay and Sample & Hold.
- 2 synth parameter pages allow envelope, FM and Jitter settings to be altered, for a wide sound palette.
- Distinctive minimal aesthetic.
- Fun to use as a sound effects toy in addition to being a live performance synthesiser.
Monnix for iOS 4.2 or higher is available to purchase for $2.99 uSD.
More information: Monnix
Image-Line has announced it has updated various of its VST plug-ins.
The latest version numbers are: Edison 2.2.3, Autogun 1.1.6, DrumSynth Live 1.1.17, Gross Beat 1.0.7, Harmless 1.0.8, Juice Pack 2.1.5, Maximus 1.0.9, Ogun 1.1.6, Slicex 1.0.8, Sytrus 2.6.12, Vocodex 1.0.3.
Changes in Image-Line VST Plugins
- Fixed bug loading settings back.
- Fixed editor behavior in some 64bit hosts.
- Updated to reflect changes in FL Studio 10 versions.
- [Harmless] Fixed sound bug.
- [Vocodex] Fixed changing presets (in Cubase x64).
- [Vocodex] Fixed editor behavior in ProTools.
- [Vocodex] Enabled midi note input.
- [Autogun] Enabled hints in edit area.
The updates are now available to download for registered users.
More information: Image-Line
, effect plugins
, pitch shift and time stretch
Posted in news
on Jul 07, 2011
Tom Erbe of SoundHack has released the Pvoc Kit, a new bundle of four plugins based on the Phase Vocoder in SoundHack and redesigned for real-time use.
A Four-Plugin Bundle exploring the classic Phase Vocoder and Granular Synthesis algorithms.
Pitch shifting, harmonizing, time stretching, layered loops, phase mangling, ambient clouds, resonant stuttering and more. Essential tools for adventurous musicians and sound designers.
Pvoc Kit features
- +pitchsift: sine bank and FFT pitch shifting with a MIDI controlled autotune/vocoder.
- +spiralstretch: real time layered time stretching using both the phase vocoder and granular synthesis.
- +phasemash: phase shifting, nulling, noise modulation, band shifting and scrambling.
- +pvocloop: a four voice looper with soundfile input, and with pitch shifting and time stretching on each voice.
The Pvoc Kit bundle for Windows and Mac (VST/AU/RTAS) is available to purchase for $99 USD.
More information: SoundHack
VirSyn has released version 1.4 of iVoxel, the Singing Vocoder for iPhone/iPad.
iVoxel is not only an amazingly sounding vocoder for iPhone/iPod and iPad – the unique concept of iVoxel turns this vocoder into a singing machine going far beyond the capabilities of traditional and software vocoders on any platform.
Changes in iVoxel app v1.4
- Use any CoreMIDI compatible MIDI keyboard with the iPad version.
- The level of each filter band can be individually adjusted.
- Quantize pitch function for onscreen keyboard play.
- New Delay effect mode “Cross” allows for stereo bouncing.
- Polyphonic play retriggers voxel.
- Improved stability on Sequence editings.
- Hanging notes on sequencer stop fixed.
- About screen iPhone 4 fixed.
The iVoxel app for iOS is available to purchase for $11.99 USD.
More information: VirSyn / iVoxel
Togu Audio Line has released version 1.0 of TAL-Vocoder-2, a freeware vocoder effect plugin for Windows and Mac.
TAL-Vocoder is a vintage vocoder emulation with 11 bands that emulates the sound of vocoders from the early 80’s. It includes analog modeled components in combination with digital algorithms such as the SFFT (Short-Time Fast Fourier Transform).
Changes in TAL-Vocoder-2 v1.0
- Chorus effect added.
- Faster clipping response.
- Better readable font.
TAL-Vocoder-2 for Windows and Mac (VST/AU) is available to download at no cost.
More information: Togu Audio Line / TAL-Vocoder-2