Steinberg has announced the release of Nuendo Live, a dedicated live recording software solution for recording engineers, production houses and rental and staging companies. Based on the award-winning Nuendo audio workstation, Nuendo Live’s sole purpose is to deliver the very best in multitrack recording to live professionals.
Nuendo Live features an efficient user interface that observes the single-window concept without unnecessary options to avoid clutter and streamline processes. Dedicated live tools include its record panel displaying all the essential recording information, such as timecode, recording length and remaining disk space, a 60-second pre-record buffer and auto-save ensures that every second of each recording is always stored away in the background. Tracks are created on startup and armed simultaneously while easy marker track management helps to create markers on the fly.
Premium sound quality is guaranteed by the widely acclaimed Steinberg Audio Engine, bringing out the finest nuances of any live performance owing to its 32-bit floating-point resolution.
Integrating seamlessly with Yamaha CL consoles, Nuendo Live displays all the CL console’s channels with intricacies that include color schemes and many more. In addition, users can remote control Nuendo Live by using the console’s touchscreen.
Nuendo Live provides an unlimited number of recording channels, EBU standard RIFF 64 Broadcast Wave File and multitrack output option for virtual soundchecks. Rounding out the comprehensive feature set are basic editing functionality and 64-bit support for Windows 7 and Mac OS X 10.7 systems.
Steinberg’s Nuendo Live user interface showing the project window.
Nuendo Live features
- Advanced live recording system featuring a straightforward single-window operation, a record panel, a pre-record buffer and more.
- Seamless integration with Yamaha CL series consoles for controlling essential Nuendo Live functions straight from the live console.
- State-of-the-art recording quality based on Steinberg’s award-winning audio engine with up to 192 kHz lets your production stand apart from the competition.
- Nuendo Live Record Panel shows all essential session information at once — creating confidence in demanding live situations.
- Advanced Session Management with auto-naming of recorded files, multiple folder creation, easy-to-use marker track, auto-save and notepad.
- Zero setup time thanks to automatic track creation function that make Nuendo Live record-ready in less than a minute.
- 24+ hours recording time thanks to EBU-compliant RIFF 64 broadcast wave format in standard recording mode.
- Virtual Sound Check allows for easy use of previous recordings for sound check, including marker recall and 1:1 output.
- Deliver with confidence due to standardized rendering formats and Nuendo compatibility for post-production .
- Editing on the road: Nuendo Live includes essential editing functions, making it possible to create a rough edit of the recordings right after the show.
Nuendo Live is available to purchase for a suggested retail price of 329 EUR (download) / 349 EUR (boxed). Prices including German VAT.
More information: Steinberg / Nuendo Live
Steinberg has announced a bargain deal on a time-limited 50% off crossgrade offer for BIAS Peak customers to switch to the acclaimed WaveLab 7 audio editing and mastering suite.
BIAS Peak customers can get WaveLab 7 or WaveLab Elements 7 at a 50% discount.
“We deeply regret that such an acclaimed software product like Peak has ceased to be,” said Frank Simmerlein, director of marketing at Steinberg. “We feel that many Mac users currently running Peak might find a new home with WaveLab, hence our crossgrade offer at an exceptional price.”
WaveLab belongs to the very first mastering applications available and is today’s industry-standard for mastering, audio editing and restoration. Employed as the number one audio editing and mastering application in music studios, mastering facilities and broadcast stations, WaveLab perfectly meets the demands of both professional engineers and home musicians with its impressive set of features.
The crossgrade offer is available until October 31st, 2012. Eligible for this offer are users of BIAS Peak Studio XT 7, BIAS Peak Pro XT 6, BIAS Peak Studio 7, BIAS Peak Pro 6, BIAS Peak Studio LE 7 and BIAS Peak LE 6.
Crossgrades to WaveLab 7 are 299 EUR, crossgrades to WaveLab Elements 7 are 49.99 EUR. Prices including German VAT.
More information: Steinberg / WaveLab Crossgrade
i3 has released version 4 of DSP-Quattro, the audio editor/audio CD mastering application with extended real-time and off-line support of AU/VST plug-ins for MacOS X.
A new major update of DSP-Quattro, the version 4, is now available for the download. This new major version introduces a lot of important new features and improvements.
There is a new graphic Cut Editor which offers the maximum flexibility doing click-free cut&paste of audio waveforms, allowing you to draw x-fades curves by yourself. There is an astonishing built-in de-clicker tool for audio restoration, side by side with a new pencil tool to re-draw waveforms by hand, and also a very useful gain tool to manually lower transients by a real-time graphic control.
Moreover, new High Quality Time Stretching and Frequency Shifting algorithms are built-in in version 4, there is a new graphic editor for Fade-In/Outs, up to 4 Aux busses to address outputs, user configurable key commands, unlimited number of effx slots to insert plug-ins, a new internal ‘plug-in’ module to address external audio hardware for external audio processing… and much more!
DSP-Quattro 4.0 is now available to purchase for 75 EUR / $99 USD. Owners of version 2.x or 3.x can upgrade to version 4.x for 15 EUR / $19 USD. Those who purchased a 3.x license after the March 1st 2012, can upgrade to version 4 at no cost.
More information: i3 DSP-Quattro
Steinberg has updated its post-production digital audio workstation Nuendo to version 5.5.3.
Steinberg is elated to release Nuendo 5.5.3, the latest update to its advanced post-production system. The updated version features an enhanced lane comping functionality, a more intuitive approach to multitrack quantizing, ReWire 64-bit support and Chinese language support.
The comprehensive update is now available free of charge from the Steinberg website. For detailed information on all fixes and enhancements, please check the corresponding version history on the download page.
New in Nuendo v5.5.3
- Lane Comping improvements – Nuendo 5.5’s comprehensive lane comping system has been improved once again. Tailored closely to the requests of our professional users in audio and post-production, the comping workflow has been streamlined by a dedicated Comp tool
- Multitrack warp quantizing – Nuendo 5.5.3 fuses the hitpoint and AudioWarp system and embeds warp quantizing directly into the dedicated quantize panel. By creating warp markers straight from hitpoints, single audio loops or the entire arrangement can be non-destructively quantized with a single mouse click.
- ReWire 64bit support – Nuendo 5.5.3 now connects your favorite ReWire client applications in a pure 64-bit environment under Windows and Mac OS X!
- Ni hao ma? – Nuendo 5.5.3 is the first Nuendo version ever to provide the entire user interface in simplified Chinese. We welcome our Chinese-speaking friends around the world!
Nuendo for Windows and Mac is available to purchase for 1,799 EUR.
More information: Steinberg / Nuendo
TwistedWave has announced TwistedWave Online, a browser-based audio editor application.
TwistedWave Online in Firefox web browser
There is a new member to the TwistedWave family. After the Mac and iOS platforms, TwistedWave Online is coming to the web browser, compatible with Safari, Chrome, Firefox or IE9.
TwistedWave Online is almost ready, and needs your help making sure everything works fine. If you want to help me testing it, you can access it there: https://twistedwave.com/online/
You can start using it right away, and edit audio files up to 30 seconds in length. During the beta period, you can increase that limit to 20 minutes by creating a free account.
More information: TwistedWave
U&I Software has updated the MetaSynth composition and sound design software for Mac OS X to version 5.31, adding full OS X Lion compatibility as well as powerful new spectral processing features and other refinements.
MetaSynth is a revolutionary electronic music and sound design environment. It is not a soft synth but a full-fledged sound design and electronic music studio.
Changes in MetaSynth v5.31
- SO Filters: The new Second Order Filters (in the Effects Room) implement combinations of high-quality peak, bandpass, high-pass and low-pass filters.
- New Spectrum Synth Capabilities: A number of new capabilities were added to the Spectrum Synth Room. The new Apply Image Filter command allows color images to be applied to Spectrum Synth sequences to provide dynamic stereo envelopes. This capability enables the creation of rich sounds with complex, dynamic frequency-based stereo movement. New commands provide complex compositing of clipboard spectrum data with sequence events to create amazing sound morphs.
- Many Other Refinements: The new release features numerous useful refinements, bug fixes and full OS X Lion compatibility.
MetaSynth for Mac is available to purchase for $599 USD. MetaSynth 5.31 is a free update to users of MetaSynth 5. Upgrades are available to users of previous versions of MetaSynth. A bundle with Xx 5.3 is available at a $200 USD discount until April 3, 2012. Suggested retail price for the MetaSynth/Xx bundle is $679. Xx 5 is an algorithmic composer and MetaSynth companion.
More information: MetaSynth
Related: audio editor
Posted in news
on Mar 21, 2012
Cockos has updated its Reaper music production software for Windows and Mac to version 4.20.
REAPER is digital audio workstation software: a complete multitrack audio and MIDI recording, editing, processing, mixing, and mastering environment.
Changes in Reaper 4.20
- OSC control surface support for integration with hardware/software that supports Open Sound Control.
- Localization/translation, use languages other than English within REAPER.
- MIDI bus support allows sending more than 16 channels of MIDI to a ReWire device, and more.
- Countless usability improvements, bugfixes, and minor performance enhancements.
The full changelog and upgrade instructions are available on the Reaper download page.
Reaper for Windows and Mac is available to purchase for $225 USD (full commercial license) / $60 USD (discounted license).
More information: Reaper
Propellerhead Software has updated ReCycle, a creative tool for total sample and loop control.
ReCycle 2.2 is a free update that brings is 64-bit compatibility, is Mac OS X Lion compatible, and has a new look and some workflow improvements.
Changes in ReCycle v2.2
- The program is now compatible with 64 bit operating systems.
- ReCyle 2.2 is also a true Cocoa program under Mac OS and fully compatible with Mac OS X 10.7 Lion. ReCycle 2.2 requires a Mac with an Intel processor. PowerPC is no longer supported.
- The main window has been graphically redesigned, including new zooming and scrolling. Scrolling is smoother and you can now zoom in further. Some redundant controls have been removed and others added.
- When exporting AIFF and Wave files, Record/Reason-style tempo information is now included in the file. Also, when importing audio files created in Record or Reason, the tempo information in those files is used for setting tempo and length in ReCycle.
- The Waveform now indicates graphically what sound will be played back, by dimming silent sections.
- You can now use the Q, W, E and R keys to select tools.
- The max length of audio files you can edit in ReCycle is no longer limited to five minutes.
- New online help on Mac and Windows.
- The Preference dialog has been streamlined and updated.
- Open Recent (documents) is now a sub-menu on Mac OS.
- The status bar has been removed.
- We have removed support for the Sound Designer II, Mixman and SampleCell formats since these are all outdated.
- The authorization system and copy protection has been changed, reducing the risk of having to reauthorize the program.
- Installation under Mac OS is now drag and drop (no installer).
ReCycle for Windows and Mac is available to purchase for 229 EUR. The 2.2 update is now available to download for registered users.
More information: Propellerhead Software / ReCycle