Future Audio Workshop has released version 1.0.2 of Circle, a powerful, easy to use software synthesizer plug-in for Mac and Windows.
Changes in Circle v1.0.2
- Added a CPU economy mode in the setting pane. This allows Circle to use less CPU for a minimal reduction in audio quality.
- Updates to the OSC messaging.
- Bug related to the mouth filter clicking during modulation has also been fixed.
Circle is available for Windows and Mac for $ 199 USD / €149 EUR.
Visit Future Audio Workshop for more information and a link to download the latest version of Circle.
Future Audio Workshop has released Circle, a powerful, easy to use software synthesizer for Mac and Windows.
- Visually Design Sounds – Simply move colour coded circles around the interface to start creating your own unique sounds. Preview the connections by just hovering the circle beneath a knob. Explore sound in an intuitive way.
- Powerful Audio Engine – Choose from a large variety of effects and audio modules. Mix the classic synthesizer tones of analog modeled filters and oscillators with contemporary wavetables and digital bit crushers.
- Start Right Away – To get you started, Circle comes with many pre-made sounds, in a wide variety of styles and genres.
- Creative control – Assign your midi controllers in a simple and fast way with visual midi learn. Attach multiple parameters to a single controller.
- Everything at a glance – With Circle’s high contrast, single pane interface you can see everything at a single glance while performing live on stage.
Circle is available for download from the Future Audio Workshop online store for $199 USD / €149.00 EUR. The boxed version of the Circle will be in stores soon.
Visit Future Audio Workshop for more information and a link to download a demo version of Circle.
Future Audio Workshop is introducing an interesting software synthesizer at the MusikMesse: Circle.
From the FAW website:
Circle – stay in flow
Flow refers to the state of mind in which you are at your most creative and productive, a place where hours pass like minutes and musical ideas become reality. Staying in flow becomes increasingly difficult however, when dealing with the complexities of modern software synthesizers. We at FAW have tried to make the synthesizer a musical instrument again. By looking at the most important things a synthesizer should do and designing simple work flows around these tasks, we feel we have created a synthesizer that is both powerful and complete in its features, yet simple and easy for the musician, sound designer and performer to use, play and stay in flow with.
So what is Circle?
Easy to use
- Designed to be easy to use and intuitive through simple work flows.
- Connect up modulations via color coded circles. Preview the connection by placing the circle underneath a knob. Explore your sounds in an intuitive way.
- See connections without the clutter of virtual cables obscuring your view.
Circle – Main interface
- Visually interactive midi learn. Assign your midi controllers in a simple, familiar and fast way.
- OSC enabled, for easy use with the latest controllers (Lemur, Monome etc).
- Attach multiple Circle parameters in different ways, to a single midi controller. Speed up an LFO, while closing a filter, while increasing a delay effect time. Use control in a creative way.
- See everything at a glance, with the single view, high contrast screen.
- Organize and group your sounds for live performance using the sounds browser.
- Use Apple’s iRemote to change sounds from afar.
- Built using industry standard JUCE technology, for solid real time performance.
- Circle comes with lots of great, ready to use sounds.
- Classic analog sounds: searing leads, thick pads and heavy basses.
- Modern sounds, designed by leading producers, in contemporary genres.
Circle – Sound browser
Create your own sounds
- Choose from a large varied pool of sound generators, effects, filters and modulations.
- Classic synthesizer sounds from the analog modeled filters and oscillators.
- Modern abstract sounds from the contemporary effects, unusual modulations and wave oscillators.
- Unrestricted modulation allows you to experiment with sound in new ways.
- Simply drag a color coded modulation circle to any knob and have it come alive.
- Unique connection preview, just place the modulation circle under a knob to hear its effect.
Circle will be available for Windows and Mac (price TBA).
So if you’re at the MusikMesse, make sure to visit the Future Audio Workshop stand. You can check their weblog (including pictures from the MusikMesse).
The Future Audio Workshop website has more information, guided tours and screenshots of Circle.
Link via CDM