SonoReplicator has released SonoReplicator VST, a spectral processor effect plug-in which turns standard speakers and earphones into acoustic copies (replicas) of studio monitors or any other real or ideal speakers and earphones.
The replication is implemented by means of a patented method of digital audio correction. Use SonoReplicator to improve the sound of your speakers and earphones. Even very cheap loudspeakers and earphones will sound much better.
You need a microphone to work with the SonoReplicator plug-in. It can be a cheap PC microphone or a professional measurement microphone. Professional measurement microphones are more accurate, however, cheap PC microphones are quite suitable to improve the sound of conventional speakers and earphones. The microphone is necessary to measure the frequency response of your speakers or earphones. The process of the measurement is described in the program’s Help. The measured frequency response can be saved as a file and loaded when necessary.
The program displays three kinds of plots: original frequency responses, etalon frequency responses and resultant frequency responses. It is possible to use two types of the etalon frequency responses: frequency responses of ideal speakers (earphones) or frequency responses of real speakers (earphones).
SonoReplicator generates a digital signal processing algorithm which can be used to correct the frequency responses of your speakers or earphones in accordance with the chosen etalon. The algorithm can be saved as a file for the permanent use. It is possible to save a few algorithms for different speakers and earphones. Such algorithms can be loaded into the SonoReplicator plug-in to make the appropriate change in the sound of your speakers or earphones. If everything is done correctly, the corrected frequency response of your speakers or earphones will be similar to the frequency response of the chosen etalon.
SonoReplicator VST for Windows is available to purchase for $29.95 USD.
More information: SonoReplicator
Shure has announced that the new PSM 1000 Personal Monitor System – a dual-channel, networkable, professional monitoring system – is now shipping.
“The Shure PSM 1000 Personal Monitor System outperforms other in-ear monitor systems in many ways,” said Matt Engstrom, Category Director for Monitoring Products at Shure. “With best-in-class audio and RF performance, networking connectivity, and a diversity bodypack receiver, PSM 1000 delivers on the demanding requirements of sound professionals.”
The PSM 1000 system builds on the stellar audio and RF performance of Shure’s PSM®900 Personal Monitor System, while adding numerous advanced features.
PSM 1000 System
- Ultra-wide 72 megahertz tuning bandwidth allows up to 9 systems to operate in one TV channel, and up to 39 systems in one frequency band.
- Backward-compatible with PSM 900 components.
P10R Diversity Receiver
- Two detachable ¼-wave antennas for exceptional freedom from dropouts.
- Full bandwidth scan finds clear, compatible frequencies and provides a graphic spectrum plot viewable from the screen.
- Optional rechargeable Lithium-ion batteries provide up to eight hours of operation and recharge fully in just three hours.
- Full rack, dual-channel wireless transmitter housed in a touring-grade, all-metal chassis.
- Internal power supply that supports daisy-chaining.
- Networked control via Ethernet that vastly simplifies setup for high channel count.
Pricing and availability:
- A PSM 1000 Wireless System with two bodypack receivers and two SE425 earphones is priced at $6,381 USD.
- A PSM 1000 Wireless System with two bodypack receivers but no earphones is priced at $6,069 USD.
- The P10R wireless bodypack receiver and P10T wireless transmitter are available as separate components priced at $1,094 USD and $3,881 USD, respectively.
All pricing listed is MSRP and the products are now shipping. The PSM 1000 carries a two-year limited warranty and can be purchased at select retail partners.
More information: Shure / PSM 1000
, compressor and limiter
, Dynaudio Acoustics
, TC Electronic
Posted in news
on Jun 08, 2011
Dynaudio Acoustics has announced the PLM3A, a high-performance monitoring bundle.
The days of deception are over. PLM3A speaks nothing but the truth!
Speaking of the truth and as the saying goes: a chain is only as strong as its weakest link. With that in mind, the PLM3A bundle is the perfect example of how three state-of-the-art elements have been successfully combined to become the ultimate audio monitoring chain. A set of unrivalled Dynaudio Acoustics M3A 3-way monitors is the first link, a Lab.gruppen PLM 10000Q amplifier is the second and cutting-edge Lake and TC Electronic processing is the third link, ensuring that any room can become the perfect listening facility.
- Dynaudio Acoustics M3A – Dynaudio Acoustics has provided audio professionals with first-class monitoring solutions for decades, and the M3A monitors build on that proud tradition, being equipped with extremely clean, dynamic, powerful and reliable speakers in which common problems such as cone break up, thermal compression and phase misalignment have been almost eliminated. The M3A speakers feature a pair of 300mm bass drivers that are perfectly complemented by two 150mm piston midrange drivers, and the high frequencies are accommodated by a high-power version of the 28mm Esotec T-330 DA dome tweeter that is considered the finest dome tweeter available. All of the drivers are ferrofluid cooled, which is a benefit only made possible on low frequency drivers by the use of custom designed ferrofluid compounds applied to very tightly tolerated voice coil gaps – a feature that is absolutely unique to Dynaudio Acoustics.
- Lab.gruppen PLM 10000Q – The PLM 10000Q amplifier delivers an impressive 4 x 2,300 watts at 4 ohms and is based on technology from Lab.gruppen’s highly acclaimed and road-proven FP+ series. PLM 10000Q is based on Lab.gruppen’s patented Class TD amplifier design that offers the proven efficiency of Class D amplification with the amazing, sonic purity of Class B designs, but that is not all. A new circuit provides substantially greater current-carrying capabilities, and the Regulated Switch Mode Power Supply (R.SMPS) is optimized to deliver full power during long low-frequency bursts as well as maintain stable rail voltages despite fluctuating line voltage. Finally, advanced cross-overs inside the PLM 10000Q feed its four output stages, allowing for optimized RMS and true-peak limiter settings for the lo and mid/hi drivers.
- Lake and TC Electronic processing – Having the perfect monitors and amplifier is one thing. Making them deliver divine audio quality in any room is another – and this is where unique Lake processing makes all the difference. Lab-gruppen’s PLM 10000Q amplifer holds two full-featured Lake Processor modules, each offering precise settings for gain, delay, crossover slope, equalization and limiting that provide unparalleled power to correct, shape and optimize any sound source for any control room. Exclusive Lake Processing algorithms are included for Raised Cosine Equalization, linear phase crossovers, LimiterMax loudspeaker protection, and Iso-Float ground isolation. Raised Cosine Equalization is the foundation for the Lake Mesa EQ and the Ideal Graphic EQ, the two revolutionary EQ interfaces used by the Dolby Lake Processor. Mesa EQ offers asymmetric filtering to match the asymmetric responses of many loudspeaker systems while the Ideal Graphic EQ offers true sum-to-flat response, so the adjustments provide uniform boost and cut along with greater selectivity.
PLM3A is available now for $18,000 USD / 13,950 EUR (ex VAT).
More information: Dynaudio Acoustics / PLM3A
Event Electronics has announced the 20/20BAS, a nearfield studio monitor speaker.
First released in 1995, the original 20/20 nearfield studio monitor revolutionised the recording industry and secured itself a place in the hearts of audio engineers the world over for its truthful reproduction and outstanding sonic character.
Now Event is proud to announce a new generation of clarity, transparency and definition with the release of the 20/20BAS. This two-way front ported speaker incorporates a number of fundamental improvements over the original model while remaining true to its tonal character and performance strengths.
More information: Event Electronics
KRK Systems has introduced the Rokit RP10-3, a mid-field three-way monitor system.
Designed to deliver full range professional performance in a mid-field monitor package, the ROKIT RP10-3 breaks both performance and price barriers to give commercial and private studios the creative edge for critical listening environments. The integrated low frequency driver and cabinet design deliver true bass response down to 35Hz to yield an enhanced low end experience not found with other mid-field monitors. The ROKIT RP10-3 also offers a unique rotatable tweeter/midrange speaker mount plate that ensures accurate acoustic alignment for vertical and horizontal installation, making it at home in any studio.
Rokit RP10-3 features
- True 3-Way Design enabling the most important part of the frequency spectrum to be reproduced by a separate midrange driver, resulting in an incredibly neutral midrange response.
- Axis Control – The monitors can be placed and positioned vertically and horizontally without losing proper axis orientation.
- Mid-Field – The Rokit RP10-3 is a mid-field monitor, with the optimal operating distance of 1m-4m depending on preference, room size, geometry, orientation, and configuration.
- Curved Baffle virtually eliminates diffraction distortion
- Front-firing Port is shape optimized to reduce turbulence and reduce boundary coupling.
- Tweeter Waveguide design provides amazing detail and imaging by optimizing directivity and phase response.
- 1″ Neodymium Soft Dome Tweeter This tweeter design utilizes a silk dome for detailed high frequency reproduction.
- Ferro fluid Damping / Cooling The properties of ferro-fluid are used to control distortion and heat dissipation of the tweeter.
- Glass Aramid Composite creates very rigid Woofer and Midrange cones for excellent transient response and accurate vocal reproduction.
- KRK High Efficiency Tri-Amp a triple amplification system provides discrete low-distortion power for each driver. While our active three-way crossover systems provide smooth and accurate frequency response.
- Thermal and Overload / Clip Protection to prevent damage.
- Volume Control on rear of unit allows a high resolution gain range from -30 dB to +6 dB.
- HF Control enables adjustment of high frequency output most commonly affected by room acoustics.
- LF Control enables adjustment of low frequency output most commonly affected by room acoustics.
- Total Connectivity – The Rokit RP10-3 is fitted with dedicated balanced XLR, and¼” Line inputs and unbalanced RCA inputs.
More information: KRK Systems / Rokit RP10-3