8Dio Productions has announced the release of Claire Oboe Virtuoso, a virtual oboe instrument library for Native Instruments Kontakt.
The Oboe Virtuoso is simply put the best we’ve ever heard in regards to fluency, playability and expression.
The Oboe Virtuoso contains 3 microphone positions (close, decca & wide), 2 types of legato (lyrical and strong) and our unique legato blending system, which allows you to blend legato with sustains, natural legatos, dynamic swells etc.
Claire Oboe also contains staccato, marcato, trills & runs, bonus effects, valve noises, breaths and all that.
Claire Oboe Virtuoso features
- Deep-Sampled Virtuoso Oboe / ultra hi-def (96Khz).
- Recorded in symphonic hall w/ 3 mics (Close, Decca, Wide).
- Lyrical and Strong Legato Patches.
- Arcs, Marcato, Runs & Sustains.
- Staccatissimo and Trills.
Claire Oboe Virtuoso is available to purchase for the introductory price of $99 USD until February 1st, 2014 (regular $139 USD).
More information: 8Dio / Claire Oboe Virtuoso
Cinesamples has released version 1.1 of CineWinds, the next-generation orchestral woodwinds library recorded in the legendary SONY Pictures Scoring Stage in Los Angeles, and mixed by master engineer Dennis Sands.
CineWinds CORE includes new Oboe 2 articulations.
Changes in CineWinds v1.1
- [CORE] New Instrument: Oboe 2.
- [PRO] New Instrument: Contrabass Clarinet.
- Added legato volume knob.
- Release on/off button changed to Shorts Only Release on/off button – OFF position means the 1/4 or 1/2 note sample will cut off with an adsr fade when released.
- Dynamic range/volume adjustments to make CORE and PRO work better together.
- [PRO] Mod Wheel filter added to all one-dynamic instruments.
- [PRO] Bass Flute new sample set with heavy denoise pass.
- [PRO] Alto Flute, Bass Clarinet, Penny Whistle, Irish Flute new sample sets with mild hand-denoising.
- Various tweaks/adjustments.
The CineWinds library is available to purchase for $349 USD (CORE) / $399 USD (PRO Expansion) / $649 USD (Bundle). The update is free for CoreWinds users. Requires Kontakt full version 4.2.3 or higher.
More information: Cinesamples / CineWinds
, Emanuele Parravicini
, Giorgio Tommasini
, instrument plugins
, Peter Siedlaczek
, Stefano Lucato
Posted in news
on Oct 15, 2013 - 0 comments
Samplemodeling has announced the release of Oboe & English Horn, a SWAM engine powered virtual instrument created by Stefano Lucato and Emanuele Parravicini, in collaboration with Giorgio Tommasini & Peter Siedlaczek.
Oboe & English Horn utilizes Samplemodeling’s proprietary SWAM engine (Synchronous Wavelength Acoustic Modeling) developed by Stefano Lucato & Emanuele Parravicini.
Oboe & English Horn use samples as base material, chromatically performed by a professional player over a very wide dynamic range, and recorded with state-of-the-art technology. The resulting timbre is therefore that of the real instrument. But the analogy with a sample based library ends here. The underlying, proprietary technology allows continuous interpolation among different vectors like time, dynamics, pitch and formants. Advanced real time processing techniques yield realistic legato, vibrato, squeak, overblow, ornamentations & trills, pitchbends, subharmonics, growl and flutter tongue to be performed in real time.
The instrument is available for Windows and Mac (VST/AU/AAX), priced at 149 EUR plus VAT. Samplemodeling customers are entitled to a 10% discount until November 30th, 2013.
More information: Samplemodeling / Oboe & English Horn
8Dio Productions has introduced 8Dioboe, a sample library for Native Instruments Kontakt.
Produced by Colin O’Malley and Troels Folmann, the 8Dioboe is an evocative instrument based on the raw and emotional approaches to sampling that we’ve explored in our Adagio String series.
There are many woodwind instruments on the market today. Very few of them have the emotional realism to sit out in front of an orchestra and truly carry a composition forward. The 8Dioboe is exactly such an instrument. The recordings capture a world class player playing a word class instrument. The player is invested in every single note she plays. Oboes are notoriously hard to sample. A big part of this is due to the player’s tendency to overplay and “quack” the intervals in a relatively grueling session. In contrast, the legato of the 8Dioboe was sampled in a highly fluid manner with a natural flow into vibrato. The result is an instrument that is both nimble and lyrical.
- Hyper-Expressive Lyrical Oboe.
- 3 Microphone Positions.
- Expressive True Legato.
- Sustains & Marcato.
- Direct download on cloud server system.
- Requires Full Retail Version of NI Kontakt 4.2+.
The sample library is available to purchase for the introductory price of $99 USD until April 15th, 2013 (regular $139 USD).
More information: 8Dio Productions / 8Dioboe
FocuSounds has announced Sweet Oboe & English Horn, a sample library for Native Instruments Kontakt.
Sweet Oboe & English Horn features
- Incredibly expressive Oboe and English Horn.
- Recorded with world-class recording gear in a professional studio.
- Performed by a full-time, seasoned session musician in Los Angeles, California.
- Incorporates unique performance techniques that treats specifically to scripted legato.
- No static notes, each note breathes musically.
- Dynamics controlled by modwheel (CC#1) which controls both volume and filter.
- Patches that cater to a variety of musical applications/dynamics.
- Ultra-low RAM and CPU footprint.
- Oboe patches include: Passion, Gabriel, Solo, Dolce.
- English Horn patches include: Passion, Solo, Tranquil, Dolce.
- 166 MB, 336 samples, recorded at 44.1Khz / 16-bit.
The sample library costs $49 USD. Requires full retail version of Kontakt 4.2.3+
More information: FocuSounds / Sweet Oboe & English Horn