, samples and sound libraries
Posted in news
on Apr 29, 2013
Detunized has announced the release of “Piano”, an Upright Piano in a small venue.
Detunized Piano translates the spirit of a pretty old and battered Upright Piano into digital realms. Hosted in a small venue right beside an auto shop this particular Piano has undergone numerous Jazz and Blues sessions throughout the decades.
The Live Pack delivers the multi-sampled and velocity-layered Piano with separately adjustable sustain and release levels plus 7 additional instruments that push the classic piano sound far beyond the original.
Piano for Live features
- Ableton Live Pack, compatible with Live 8/9.
- 8 Ableton Instrument Racks (121 samples, 24 Bit/44.1 kHz)
- Arper adds some heavenly arpeggios.
- Damped sounds like a huge piano behind a wall.
- Looped introduces random patterns during performance.
- Morph combines formant-shifting with interesting side-noises.
- Piano is the pure velocity-layered piano sound.
- Peak brings in the taste of a prepared piano.
- Remember 2133 can be tweaked from Grand to Honky Tonk.
- Synth is a polyphonic stereo synthesizer.
- 240 MB Sample content.
The Piano for Ableton costs 9 EUR.
Detunized Piano in Universal Format contains the velocity-layered sustain samples plus release sounds in separate patches.
Both patches can be combined in numerous software samplers like Kontakt, NN-XT, EXS 24, Halion, DirectWave, Dimension as well as each other software sampler that reads Cakewalk SFZ files.
Piano Universal features
- 2 pre-configured Instrument Patches.
- SFZ, NKI, SXT, EXS, FXP files included.
- 119 samples, 24Bit/44.1 kHz.
- 233 MB Sample content.
The Universal format Piano library is also 9 EUR.
More information: Detunized
Mildon Studios has announced the release of Performer EPiano, an electronic piano sample library.
Performer EPiano is a meticulously crafted virtual instrument that has a perfect blend of brilliance and body, much sought-after in today’s music styles. Performer was synthesized in a way that emulates the dynamics of an acoustic piano, giving it a more natural flow, and making it a lot of fun to play.
Performer EPiano comes as an SFZ instrument, so you can play it using any free SFZ player. We recommend sfz player or Alchemy player.
The library costs $9 USD.
More information: Mildon Studios / Performer EPiano
Detunized has announced it is now offering Universal Formats of its sound libraries.
This new category offers sound libraries in several open formats that are easily accessible by numerous audio workstations and software samplers like Reason, Dimension, Kontakt, Halion, Alchemy, Directwave and many others. Each release contains either pure WAV files or preprogrammed patches that comply with the standards of SFZ, SXT, NKI, FXP and EXS formats.
Currently the following sound libraries are available in these formats:
- DTG012 – Forstrasse No. 8 (wav) – Field Recodings
- DTG027 – Just Water (wav) – Field Recodings
- DTG029 – Infinite (wav) – Textures
- DTG035 – City Traffic (wav) – Field Recodings
- DTG037 – Chropolis (sfz, nki, sxt, exs, fxp) – Hybrid Synthesizers
- DTG043 – Vox Populi 2 (sfz, nki, sxt, exs, fxp) – Analog Synthesizers
- DTG045 – Polite 800 (sfz, nki, sxt, exs, fxp) – Hybrid Synthesizers
- DTG047 – Computer Noises (wav) – Field Recodings
Universal Formats will be expanded weekly with further releases of analog and digital synthesizers, field recordings, pianos, textures, keys and more.
More information: Detunized / Universal Formats
, audio interface
, sample player
, sound design
Posted in news
on Apr 04, 2013
SKYLIFE has announced the release of SampleRobot Single-X for Mac OS X.
With SampleRobot Single-X musicians and sound designers can create professional sample sets and transfer their instruments easily to the digital domain. One can also turn virtual instruments into multi-samples for hardware sample players and workstations.
SampleRobot Single-X offers a lot of sophisticated sampling and auto-loop features from his award-winning brother SampleRobot Pro. Single-X stands for „Single Export Format“ and is appropriate if using mostly one sampler type and therefore only one export format is needed.
These different export format options are available: Wave, Kontakt and Reason, Alchemy, Soundfont 2, Blofeld, HALion, WusikStation, SFZ / Dimension
For precise audio loop editing and advanced auto processing SampleRobot Single-X can be combined with SKYLIFE WaveRobot as an upgrade.
SampleRobot Single-X now includes installers for Apple OS X (Mountain Lion, Lion & Snow Leopard) as well as Microsoft Windows (8, 7, Vista & XP).
Changes in SampleRobot 4.51
- New SKYLIFE server connection for registration and online content.
- Mac: New installers for OS X fully compatible with OS 10.8, including a new framework with many optimizations and speed advantages, streamlined recording processes and path architecture, combined with enhanced support for various audio interfaces.
- PC: Enhanced support for Windows 8 including a new virtual interface. SampleRobot can be connected to the SKYLIFE SampleRobot Instrument Host which will be released shortly. In conjunction with the SKYLIFE SampleRobot Virtual Cable this virtual interface has the ability to sample virtual instruments and all audio streams that play on the same computer like web radio, music streams and other media data (abiding by relevant copyright laws and license agreements).
SKYLIFE SampleRobot Virtual Cable + Instrument Host is a discrete product that can be used in conjunction with SampleRobot as well as independently with other applications. The download will be available soon on the SKYLIFE STORE.
SampleRobot Single-X for Windows and Mac is available to purchase for $59 USD / 49 EUR / £39 GBP. A bundle with WaveRobot costs $129 USD / 99 EUR / £85 GBP.
More information: SKYLIFE / SampleRobot Single-X
CWI Technology has announced a release candidate for version 2.10 of its TX16Wx and TX16Wx Professional software sampler instruments.
TX16Wx now supports conditional group trigger switching, using controllers, modulators, round-robin, random, tempo and MIDI key sources as conditionals. Also, the file browser now allows in-place preview of sound data in programs to make sound mapping and editing quicker.
Changes in TX16Wx v2.10 RC
- Added group note switching (key-based, round-robin, random, modulator).
- Added delay / chorus / flanger / wah.
- Added modulated “delay” parameter to groups.
- Added preview functionality to file browser.
- Added displayed octave offset setting.
- Added “triplets” to tempo sync modes.
- Improved menu handling to better indicate allowed operations.
- Improved memory footprint for send FX.
- Improved LFO precision.
- SFZ import now reads keyboard switching parameters.
- Most sample editor operations can now transform on several waves at once.
- Groups created from “separate” and “split” commands are now named from waves.
- Fixed setting split loop through context menu not working.
- Fixed SFZ import not reading volume correctly.
- Fixed matrix names not shown in MIDI note names.
- Fixed MIDI note names not updating in StudioOne.
The release candidate is available to download now for Windows (32/64bit). TX16Wx Pro is scheduled for release during early 2013, pre-orders are available for 80 EUR (commercial license) / 20 EUR (non-commercial license).
More information: CWI Technology
Beat magazine has announced it is offering Roaar, a collection of 250 MB free sounds of the MiniBrute analog synthesizer by Arturia.
Kein Geringerer als Arturias MiniBrute diente als Klangquelle für eine ganz außergewöhnliche Sound-Sammlung. Satte 250 MB Multi-Samples hat unser Sound-Guru Marco Scherer in zwölf erlesenen Patches für den „Zampler“ aufbereitet und dabei die analoge Kiste bis zum Äußersten getrieben.
Das Ergebnis ist eine Sound-Bibliothek, die nicht nur die Klanggewalt des MiniBrute beeindruckend herausarbeitet, sondern sich auch in vielen elektronischen Stilen einsetzen lässt.
Roaar includes 12 presets by Marco Scherer and is available as an open SFZ format for use in the Zampler player. The sample pack is available to Beat Facebook fans.
More information: Beat magazine