Sound Radix has announced 32 Lives, a 32-bit to 64-bit Audio Units plug-ins adapter for Logic Pro X.
In July 2013, Apple introduced Logic Pro X, the next-generation version of its professional audio software, bringing many new features and improvement, and updated user interface.
Moving forward with new technologies, the new Logic Pro X is a modern, 64-bit only application, which means that older 32-bit plug-ins will no longer work in Logic Pro X. Previous projects that were created in Logic 9 or earlier that include 32-bit only plug-ins, would not be able to fully open in Logic Pro X.
Enter 32 Lives.
32 Lives is a new application, capable of generating a 64-bit Audio Units versions of your loved and hard-earned 32-bit legacy plug-ins, helping you to cross-over to the new Logic Pro X smoothly and transparently. Older Logic Pro sessions will completely load into Logic Pro X, including all parameters and automation. No special re-wring or routing is required. All your 32-bit only plug-ins will again re-appear in the plug-ins menu as they always were.
32 Lives features
- Creates 64-bit adapter plugin for your 32-bit only Audio Units plug-ins.
- Transparently loads your legacy TC PowerCore, Abbey Road, URS and other plug-ins into Logic Pro X and other 64-bit only Audio Units compatible DAW’s.
- Fully compatible with older sessions, loads all presets, parameters and automation.
- Ultra-low latency.
- Includes a 32-bit plug-ins manager for easy plug-ins conversion.
32 Lives is currently in open beta and available for purchase for a discounted price of $69 USD (regular $99 USD) for the duration of the pre-release beta stage. All beta users will be upgraded to the full release version at no extra charge.
More information: Sound Radix / 32 Lives
Sound Radix has updated its SurferEQ pitch tracking equalizer effect plug-in for Windows and Mac to version 1.2.
We’re happy to announce the immediate availability of a major update to SurferEQ.
This update opens up new sound mangling possibilities and unique creative uses.
Changes in SurferEQ v1.2
- New Features
- MIDI support: SurferEQ now has MIDI note input and supports 3 operation modes.
- AAX compatibility. 32 and 64 bit, Pro Tools 11 compatible.
- Settings window allows tweaking pitch tracking parameters.
- Improved filter transitions (Fixed “pop”s on extreme settings).
- CPU usage optimized by up to 75%.
- Trial version is now a 30-day fully functional trial.
- Graphics compatability with Retina displays.
- Fixed keyboard input issues in some Windows hosts.
- Fixed rare crashes in Windows.
- MIDI Modes
- MIDI mode 1: Note Overrides Detection
Designed for easy correction of the pitch-detection engine when required. A MIDI Note On input will override the internal pitch-detector. On MIDI Note Off, the pitch-detection engine will resume its operation.
- MIDI mode 2: Surf By Note
Designed for frequency specific ducking. Pitch / Frequency is controlled by MIDI, Internal pitch-detection engine is disabled. MIDI Note On / Off toggles Surf-enabled bands.
- MIDI mode 3: Instrument Mode
Designed to be played like an instrument where the source audio acts as an oscillator. Pitch / Frequency and sound are controlled and triggered by MIDI Notes.
SurferEQ for Windows and Mac (VST/AU/RTAS/AAX) is available to purchase for $179 USD.
Sound Radix has also released free Auto-Align and Pi AAX 32 & 64 bit updates, now available for download in the user area. The new Auto-Align installer also include a free, 30-day fully functional trial version.
More information: Sound Radix
, effect plugins
, Sound Radix
Posted in news
on Jan 04, 2013
Sound Radix has announced version 1.0.4 of its Pi phase interactions mixer effect plugin for Windows and Mac.
Pi works to improve the summing of a DAW or a mixer. Pi dynamically minimizes frequency cancellations between instruments within the mix, improves mono compatibility and brings back the lost depth and focus lost when overlapping frequencies collide.
Changes in Pi v1.0.4
- New: CHNL WEIGHT – Since gain plays a major role in channels’ phase influence and sensitivity in a mix, some program material can get strongly influenced by other channels in the mix when their level is relatively low or when they decay into lower levels. With CHNL WEIGHT It is now possible to manually adjust the channel’s low level and overall phase sensitivity and intensity within the mix. As CHNL WEIGHT increases – the less sensitive and more influential it’ll be to other channels in the mix. This can help minimize artifacts on some program material, especially on low level, mid-range sustain notes and tails.
- New: GLOBAL LOOKAHEAD BUFFER – Allows the use of larger audio buffers and other high latency plug-ins. If Pi doesn’t get all the samples it needs in time due to a larger audio buffer or other high latency plug-in, it can’t do its magic and it’ll displays Sync Errors. If you’re getting Sync Errors messages, Increase the lookahead buffer until they’re gone. Click on the Sound Radix logo to open the About screen and access this setting.
- Major performance improvements in Windows.
- Fixed bug causing drop-outs in some VST hosts.
- Fixed keyboard focus issues in Cubase and Pro Tools in Windows.
Pi for Windows and Mac is available for the extended introductory offer of $180 USD until January 31st, 2013 (regular $240 USD).
More information: Sound Radix / Pi
Sound Radix has announced Pi, a multi-channel phase interactions mixer plug-in for Windows and Mac.
Sound Radix’s Pi works to improve the summing of a DAW or a mixer.
Designed to enhance any mix, Pi dynamically rotates the phase of the individual mixer channels to achieve maximum phase correlation within the mix. Pi minimizes negative interaction and significantly improves the overall sound of the mix. Just drop Pi into the last insert slot of your DAW mixer channels and listen. Use any of the 64 groups to bind related instrument channels to enhance your mix even further.
- Groundbreaking, true multi-channel engine, dynamically optimizes phase relationships between mix channels for optimal sounding mix.
- Three-mode track grouping for enhanced related instruments and multi-mic setup phase correlation optimization.
- Full Range and Low Frequency global optimization modes.
- Four mode multi-channel phase correlation display, enables a unique view of the phase relationships within the mix.
- Internal, inter-channel sample accurate routing, no complicated side-chaining required.
Pi for Windows and Mac (32/64bit, VST/AU/RTAS) is available to purchase for an introductory price of $180 USD through December 31st, 2012 (regular $240). A special introductory offer of $150 USD is available for Sound Radix’s existing customers in their user area.
More information: Sound Radix / Pi
Sound Radix has updated its SurferEQ pitch tracking equalizer plug-in for Windows and Mac to version 1.0.2.
SurferEQ is an innovative, pitch tracking equalizer plug-in. It is capable of locking onto a vocal or an instrument pitch and adjust the EQ frequency to its fundamental pitch, or any of its harmonics thus “surfing” on the sound waves.
As it is always relevant to the sound source, SurferEQ is a tool like no other. It enables tone shaping in ways that were impossible to achieve previously by other tools.
Changes in SurferEQ V1.0.2
- Optimized, significantly more efficient and smoother graphics engine.
- Better compatibly and performance with older PC machines and integrated GPU’s.
- Mac OS 10.5.x (Leopard) compatibility.
- Mac PPC compatibility.
- Fixed an issue of Mac 64-bit Audio Unit and VST not showing up as such.
- Extended time intervals between dropouts in the trial version for better demo experience.
- *New* Factory Presets.
- *New* 64-bit PC VST.
SurferEQ is available at an introductory price of $129 USD until January 1, 2012 (regular $179 USD). Users of Auto-Align can purchase SurferEQ for an introductory price of $99 USD.
More information: Sound Radix