Odo Synths has released version 3.0 of 38911 Bytes, a one oscillator synthesizer VST plug-in for Windows PC.
It’s a synthesizer based on Commodore 64 software but it can do a lot more
38911 Bytes v3.0 features
- 1 oscillator synth with 4 waveforms (saw, triangle, pulse, pitched noise), ringmodulation waveforms (saw, triangle, pulse). PulseWidth, octaves from -3 to 4.
- 1 ringmodulation oscillator with 3 waveforms (saw, triangle, pulse) PulseWidth, octaves range -3 to 4 and notes C to B.
- 3 LFOs with 19 waveforms, 16 different BPM rates and free rate. Low/hi depth option and destinations are pitch oscillator, pw and cutoff.
- LFO modes: GATE (press key), FIRST (start sequencer) and FREE (free running).
- 4 x 16 step sequencers: 11 BPM rates and free rate mode (in free mode all sequencers have the same rate).
- 1 waveform sequencer (saw, triangle, pulse, pitched noise, rm triangle, rm saw, rm pulse).
- 1 octave sequencer range from -3 to 4.
- 1 octave and notes sequencer notes from C to B and octave range -3 to 4.
- Filter sequencer.
- Pitch, PulseWidth, Cutoff and Volume envelopes.
- Bitcrusher effect.
- Mono/poly mode.
- Retrigger on/off.
38911 Bytes v3.0 is available as donationware for Windows PC. A demo version can be downloaded here (controls are disabled).
Visit Odo Synths for more information.
, drum machine
, online service
Posted in random posts
on Jan 05, 2009
Some interesting things I found recently:
# iPhone / iPod Touch Applications: Sid Player – Sid Player brings you the sound of the Commodore C64 to your iPhone and the iPod Touch. Enjoy game classics such as 'Commando', 'Arkanoid', 'The last V8' or listen to the music of 'Rob Hubbard', 'Martin Galway', and many others.
# Libcube: Use the AudioCubes with your own programs
Libcube is a library written in C (available for Mac OS X and Windows) which aims to be a library that is robust, easy to learn, and that covers most the functionalities the cubes are offering.
We think that this component makes a good foundation that will help AudioCubes enthusiasts to develop innovative and creative new applications. We even have some new stuff in stores, but I’ll let Bert show you that when it’s time …
# PrePal – The worlds largest online listing of used musical instrument prices, updated every day.
# MidiDuino Preview: Polyrhythmic Drum Machines and Arduino-Friendly MIDI Libraries
Peter Kirn writes:
DIY lovers and drum machine nuts alike should be very excited by what our friend Wesen has been up to lately. Working on his projects MidiCommand and MonoJoystick, two hackable boutique music hardware gadgets for MIDI control and joystick manipulation of MachineDrum, respectively, he’s built a powerful MIDI library integrated with the Arduino development environment.
# Say it with Pictures – Eight programs that convert images to music.
# MusicBox: Mapping and visualizing music collections
Anita Lillie writes:
This is a blog for my Masters thesis at the MIT Media Lab, on a music browser called MusicBox. In this blog, you can find screenshots and videos of the project, which show the interactive maps that MusicBox creates.
That lovely visualization in the bottom right looks familiar!
Odo Synths has released version 2.0 of 38911 Bytes, a free synthesizer plug-in based on Commodore 64 software.
Changes in 38911 Bytes v2.0
- 16-steps in the step-sequencers (instead of 8).
- Improved filters (They are now closer to the Commodore 64).
- Improved noise.
- 1 extra LFO.
- New GUI.
38911 Bytes is available as a VST instrument for Windows PC.
Visit Odo Synths for more information and a link to download 38911 Bytes v2.0.
Odo Synths has announced that all of Odo’s plug-ins are now freeware.
Plug-ins previously available as donationware
- 38911 Bytes, a C64 (Commodore 64) based synth.
- Double Six, a 6-operator FM synth with 32 DX7 algorithms and 16 4-operator algorithms.
- Six, a simple FM synth.
- Unknown 64 Pro, another C64 (Commodore 64) based synth.
All Odo Synths plug-ins are available as VST plug-ins for Windows PC.
Even though everything is now freeware, I’m sure Marc will still gladly accept donations, so consider sending him a few bucks if you like his plug-ins.
Visit Odo Synths for more information and links to download Odo Synths plug-ins.
L-Day has released version 0.10 of SIDmonster, a 8bit lo-fi synth with the classic sound of the C64.
SIDmonster v0.10 features
- One OSC – Triangle/Saw/Square/Noise (Pitchable).
- 16 step Table editor.
- One Vibrato with Delay.
- One Lowpass filter (no Hi/Band Filter Support).
- Envelope ADSR.
- Sync Noise to Squarewave.
- Full PWM Control in Lo/Hi or Flip.
- 8-Bit Output in two samplerates (22050/8200 HZ).
SIDmonster is available as a VST plug-in for Windows PC.
Visit L-Day for more information.
, Hip hop
, samples and sound libraries
Posted in news
on Apr 28, 2008
Pettinhouse has announced it will release the entire Vinyl Drumkits – Electronic for free.
Two new free kits have been released:
- C64 kit – a punchy Commodore 64 SID kit.
- Indastria Kit – an industrial kit very useful for hip hop and reggaeton etc.
These kits are available in NI Battery 2/3 and Soundfont format and can be downloaded here.
Visit Pettinhouse for more information.
, Guitar Hero
, random posts
Posted in random posts
on Apr 02, 2008
Some interesting things I bookmarked on del.icio.us on April 2nd, 2008:
- Synthetic Dreams – Shredz64 – Commodore 64 game that makes use of the Playstation guitar controller hooked through the PSX64 interface. Its design is modeled against the popular Guitar Hero series, geared toward the ability to play along to your favorite C64 music on the guitar.
- The ability to play (many) SID files, including ones added by the player.
- The ability to edit “notes” (the buttons that scroll during gameplay) for both built in and imported songs.
- Pseudo 3D gameplay to give it the look and feel of a modern day game.
- High score tracking, 5 scores for each song.
- The ability to detect when the guitar is lifted up to activate shred mode.
- Radiohead/ Remix/ Nude – Remix Radiohead’s latest single from the new XL album. Get five separate stems from Nude from iTunes Plus (vocals, bass, guitar, strings/fx and drums) and a GarageBand/Logic Pro-compatible project with all loop, tempo, and key information embedded.
- cliplead_: VactrolSynth_v.3 – Synth in a lovely cigar box
Odo Synths has released 38911 Bytes, a C64 (Commodore 64) based synth plug-in for Windows PC.
38911 Bytes features:
- 1 OSC with 4 difftent waveforms Saw, Triangle, Pulse and Pitched noise.
- 3 BPM sequencers with 7 rates and 2 to 8 steps .
- Filter with envelope from 1 to 8 stages and 13 curves for selecting sustain points.
- Filter types: lowpass, hipass and bandpass (more than one filter type can be activated, like on a real c64).
- Pitch envelope from 1 to 8 stages + select sustain point.
- PW envelope from 1 to 8 stages + select sustain point.
- Filter, pitch envelope and PW envelopes have on/off buttons to save CPU.
- 2 LFO’s with 19 different waveforms and free speed or 14 bpm speeds.
- Ringmodulation with a bitcrusher notes from c to b and octaves from -4 to 4.
- Volume envelope.
- 128 presets.
38911 Bytes is available as donationware. The free demo version works but you can’t change the parameters.
Visit Odo Synths for more information and a link to download the demo version of 38911 Bytes.