Odo Synths has released version 2.0 of 38911 Bytes, a free synthesizer plug-in based on Commodore 64 software.
Changes in 38911 Bytes v2.0
- 16-steps in the step-sequencers (instead of 8).
- Improved filters (They are now closer to the Commodore 64).
- Improved noise.
- 1 extra LFO.
- New GUI.
38911 Bytes is available as a VST instrument for Windows PC.
Visit Odo Synths for more information and a link to download 38911 Bytes v2.0.
Odo Synths has announced that all of Odo’s plug-ins are now freeware.
Plug-ins previously available as donationware
- 38911 Bytes, a C64 (Commodore 64) based synth.
- Double Six, a 6-operator FM synth with 32 DX7 algorithms and 16 4-operator algorithms.
- Six, a simple FM synth.
- Unknown 64 Pro, another C64 (Commodore 64) based synth.
All Odo Synths plug-ins are available as VST plug-ins for Windows PC.
Even though everything is now freeware, I’m sure Marc will still gladly accept donations, so consider sending him a few bucks if you like his plug-ins.
Visit Odo Synths for more information and links to download Odo Synths plug-ins.
L-Day has released version 0.10 of SIDmonster, a 8bit lo-fi synth with the classic sound of the C64.
SIDmonster v0.10 features
- One OSC – Triangle/Saw/Square/Noise (Pitchable).
- 16 step Table editor.
- One Vibrato with Delay.
- One Lowpass filter (no Hi/Band Filter Support).
- Envelope ADSR.
- Sync Noise to Squarewave.
- Full PWM Control in Lo/Hi or Flip.
- 8-Bit Output in two samplerates (22050/8200 HZ).
SIDmonster is available as a VST plug-in for Windows PC.
Visit L-Day for more information.
, Hip hop
, samples and sound libraries
Posted in news
on Apr 28, 2008
Pettinhouse has announced it will release the entire Vinyl Drumkits – Electronic for free.
Two new free kits have been released:
- C64 kit – a punchy Commodore 64 SID kit.
- Indastria Kit – an industrial kit very useful for hip hop and reggaeton etc.
These kits are available in NI Battery 2/3 and Soundfont format and can be downloaded here.
Visit Pettinhouse for more information.
, Guitar Hero
, random posts
Posted in random posts
on Apr 02, 2008
Some interesting things I bookmarked on del.icio.us on April 2nd, 2008:
- Synthetic Dreams – Shredz64 – Commodore 64 game that makes use of the Playstation guitar controller hooked through the PSX64 interface. Its design is modeled against the popular Guitar Hero series, geared toward the ability to play along to your favorite C64 music on the guitar.
- The ability to play (many) SID files, including ones added by the player.
- The ability to edit “notes” (the buttons that scroll during gameplay) for both built in and imported songs.
- Pseudo 3D gameplay to give it the look and feel of a modern day game.
- High score tracking, 5 scores for each song.
- The ability to detect when the guitar is lifted up to activate shred mode.
- Radiohead/ Remix/ Nude – Remix Radiohead’s latest single from the new XL album. Get five separate stems from Nude from iTunes Plus (vocals, bass, guitar, strings/fx and drums) and a GarageBand/Logic Pro-compatible project with all loop, tempo, and key information embedded.
- cliplead_: VactrolSynth_v.3 – Synth in a lovely cigar box
Odo Synths has released 38911 Bytes, a C64 (Commodore 64) based synth plug-in for Windows PC.
38911 Bytes features:
- 1 OSC with 4 difftent waveforms Saw, Triangle, Pulse and Pitched noise.
- 3 BPM sequencers with 7 rates and 2 to 8 steps .
- Filter with envelope from 1 to 8 stages and 13 curves for selecting sustain points.
- Filter types: lowpass, hipass and bandpass (more than one filter type can be activated, like on a real c64).
- Pitch envelope from 1 to 8 stages + select sustain point.
- PW envelope from 1 to 8 stages + select sustain point.
- Filter, pitch envelope and PW envelopes have on/off buttons to save CPU.
- 2 LFO’s with 19 different waveforms and free speed or 14 bpm speeds.
- Ringmodulation with a bitcrusher notes from c to b and octaves from -4 to 4.
- Volume envelope.
- 128 presets.
38911 Bytes is available as donationware. The free demo version works but you can’t change the parameters.
Visit Odo Synths for more information and a link to download the demo version of 38911 Bytes.
Some interesting things I bookmarked on del.icio.us on March 12th, 2008:
Minicomputer uses Jack as realtime audio infrastructure and can be controlled via MIDI.
- Guitar Hero on C64: The Music Game for 8-Bit Lovers – Yes, just when you thought you’d seen every conceivable take on mods, customizations, clones, homages, robots, artistic reinterpretations, and other cultural artifacts inspired by Guitar Hero, there’s this — a Guitar Hero clone on Commodore 64.
- SUB-COMMANDER Guitar Synthesizer – buffer your guitar's signal, create a pulse waveform (at the same frequency as the guitar) divide it's frequency in half (sub-octave generator) and generate a gate when you pluck a string so you can control the SUB-COMMANDER's AR generators.
Want to have a circuit bent Commodore 64 without having to do all the work yourself?
Bighead Electronics is offering a limited edition pre-modded C64, the Bent64.
Bighead Electronics Bent64
List of the mods
- COMMODORE BENT 64! Is a unique one of a kind musical instrument!
- Professionally designed custom internal PCB with microprocessor.
- Professionally designed custom internal cabling.
- Beautiful custom black paint.
- Custom design high quality decals.
- Built-in Filter knob (changes values on the SID filter).
- Custom RCA audio/video, audio out (dual) jacks on the back for easy connectivity.
- audio in (process external sources).
- Video out (easily connects to any modern T.V.).
- Custom 14 segment LED screen for user info (80s Style).
- Custom LED functionality indicators.
- Built in Cynthcart (user port can be used freely!).
- Choose between Cynthcart or normal Commodore 64 BASIC boot up with just a toggle switch.
It’s currently at $350 with a few bids and about 8 hours on the clock, so hurry on over to the eBay auction if you’re interested.
Link via technabob