Mystery Islands has released version 2.0.0 rc1 of the JP-80×0 Editor & Librarian plug-in for Mac OS X.
Version 2.0.0 rc1 is early release candidate demo to hunt down any bugs you may encounter while using it. Please note revised user manual which is included with the installer and check it thru to learn more about the plug-in :) You can also download the manual from our product page.
This update is already included with the new orders. We are looking forward to your comments about the update and we will email our loyal customers with the rc1 installer later.
Changes in JP-80×0 Editor & Librarian v2.0 rc1
Request current patch from selected slot to librarian.
- Request all patches from selected bank to librarian.
- Store currently selected patch from librarian to hardware.
- Store current patch bank from librarian to hardware.
- Request temp performance data to librarian.
- Request current performance from selected slot to librarian.
- Request all performance data from selected bank to librarian.
- Store currently selected performance data from librarian to hardware.
- Store current performance bank from librarian to hardware.
- Load any MIDI / sysex patch or performance bank to librarian.
- Browse performance & patch banks within plugin librarian.
- Load currently selected performance data to plugin memory.
- Load currently selected performance bank to plugin memory.
- Load selected single patch to selected performance slot (upper / lower).
- Organize performance data in librarian and save a new performance bank to hard drive.
- Organize patch data in librarian and save a new patch bank to hard drive.
- Option to scroll thru hardware programs without sending performance / patch data to hardware.
- View & edit upper / lower part patch name.
- View & edit upper / lower part velocity sensitivity levels.
- View & edit upper / lower part control assign sensitivity levels.
- More knobs & buttons now reacts to hardware knob / button movements.
- Select performance MIDI channel.
- Select remote kbd MIDI channel.
- Old preset format replaced with Standard MIDI file format.
JP-80×0 Editor & Librarian for Windows and Mac (VST/AU) is available for purchase for 50 EUR.
More information: Mystery Islands / JP-80×0 Editor & Librarian
Mystery Islands has launched Roland JP-80×0 Quarantine Soundset vol. 1 & 2, a collection of 128 EDM presets by Gokosoul for Roland the JP-8000 and JP-8080 synthesizers.
Gokosoul is here again with Roland JP-80×0 “Quarantine” soundset! This package contains both, volume 1 and 2. This bank will overwrite both user patch banks (U:A11-88 & U:B11-88). You can use this bank with any kind of electronic dance music productions.
Gokosoul says: “Imagine, that you can create any kind of music with one bank and that bank is now here. I have included some drums to the package, so you can play around with those as well.” Have a listen on the great demo and be amazed! This is a must have for everyone who own’s the JP!
The soundset is available for purchase for 30 EUR.
More information: Mystery Islands / Quarantine Soundset vol. 1 & 2
Mystery Islands has introduced Virus|HC, an editor/librarian plug-in for the Access Virus synthesizer.
We are more than excited to officially announce that our next plug-in project, Virus|HC is around the corner. This plug-in is targeted to everyone with Access Virus A, B, C or TI hardware synthesizer to unleash the power of Virus in your favorite DAW.
- Works like the actual Virus TI Control software, except it does not transmit audio signals. This is a huge advantage to all Virus TI users, who struggle with “A Sync error occurred” messages.
- Connect legacy Virus (A-B-C-range) synth with MIDI interface into your DAW.
- Connect Virus TI & TI|2-range synth with MIDI or USB into your DAW.
- Manage single presets and/or multi presets within the editor/librarian.
- Load, edit and save programs & save them to HDD in MIDI format.
- Load up-to 16 parts of legendary Virus sounds into a single plug-in.
- Manage all 16 parts individually in Multimode mixer window.
- Automate almost every parameter of the plug-in.
- Visual link between the knob movements on hardware < -> software for real-time UI updates.
- Sends used data automatically to the synth upon loading a DAW project containing the plug-in. Play directly, without any loading hassle with the hardware itself. This is purely automated.
The plug-in is available to pre-order for Windows and Mac (VST/AU), priced at 39.95 EUR (regular 49.95 EUR).
More information: Mystery Islands / Virus|HC
Mystery Islands has announced the upcoming version 2.0 of its JP-80×0 Editor Plugin for Roland JP-8000 / JP-8080 synthesizers.
Version 2.0 of the editor plug-in comes with a Librarian.
There has been a lot request emails, facebook chats etc about this long waited new feature we are pleased to announce today. Librarian!
JP-80×0 plugin has walked the line for almost an year now with great overall success. Now it’s time for us to give something back to you and we have been working hard to get you the librarian mode. This means you can scroll thru midi & sysex files within the JP-80×0 plugin and use that data as you wish in terms of common sense. ;)
Changes in JP-80×0 Editor v2.0
- Full librarian browser to view, edit and store MIDI and SysEx content from hard-drive.
- Patch and performance data can be sent to JP-8000 / JP-8080 directly from the plug-in.
- Upper and Lower layer patch name can be viewed and set.
- Option to load single patches in upper or lower layer of active performance.
- Velocity sensitivity controls for both layers individually.
- Performance and Remote MIDI channels can be set from the plug-in UI.
- Init patch and performance banks included.
- GUI elements has been worked out.
The update is scheduled for release in March / April 2014. It will be free to existing users of the
JP-80×0 AudioUnit & VSTi Editor Plugin.
More information: Mystery Islands / JP-80×0 Editor Plugin
Mystery Islands releases Roland JP-80×0 Massive EDM volume 1, a soundset featuring 64 patches for the Roland JP-8000 / JP-8080 synthesizer.
Massive EDM volume 1 is built up from ground zero using our own AudioUnit / VSTi Editor Plugin. This first volume includes 64 new performances with modern EDM (Trance, Dubstep, Electro etc) Basses, Leads, Effects, Plucks and lush Pads!
These sounds are programmed in Performance mode, but we made it possible to squeeze every detail out from the JP-8000 & JP-8080 into on layer! This means:
- You can program your own sound on the second layer to maximize the usage of our JP.
The soundset is available to purchase for 19.95 EUR.
More information: Mystery Islands / Massive EDM Vol 1
Mystery Islands has released version 1.1.8 of its JP-80×0 Editor Plugin for the Roland JP-8000 & JP-8080 synthesizers.
First of all, thanks to everyone who’s been patient with our Windows VST development. It’s time to announce the Windows VST version of our JP-80×0 plugin and it is available right now!
We have also included Alan Marcero’s great trance bank to go with our plugin and anyone who’s registered with the JP-80×0 plugin, will have access to them with the latest MAC or PC release.
The plug-in is now available for Windows and Mac (VST/AU), priced at 49.95 EUR.
More information: Mystery Islands / JP-80×0 Editor Plugin
Mystery Islands has released version 1.1.6 of its JP-80×0 Editor Plug-In for Mac.
You ever wanted to control, automate & work with your Roland JP-8000 / JP-8080 the way this modern world requires? Now it’s possible with our AU / VST plugin that allows you to get your Hardware into your modern DAW.
We developed this plugin together with Arto Vaarala who’s long experience with coding made all this possible. This plugin is great even if your JP-8000 / JP-8080 is broken (knobs & sliders not working).
Changes in JP-80×0 Editor Plug-In v1.1.6
- All knob movements from Hardware can be seen visually in Plugin user interface.
- All button / menu selections are updated to the Plugin user interface as well.
- Added delay between outgoing SysEx packages, so the data is handled correctly.
- Added All Notes Off (CC#123) message to prevent hanging notes while changing patches.
- Fixed value displays for Tempo, OSC 2 range and Fine tuning knobs.
- New knobs added to replace the old ones.
- Storing patches to the hardware unit is now possible.
- Soundset by Alan Marcero included.
The plugin is available to purchase for Mac (VST/AU) for 49.95 EUR. A VST version for Windows is in development.
More information: Mystery Islands / JP-80×0 Editor Plug-In