Hollow Sun has announced the Advanced Noise Generator, a new Music Lab Machine for Native Instruments Kontakt.
It features very long 44/24 white, pink and low frequency noise samples taken from a true analogue modular synth which pass through a multimode filter offering eight different filter types. This filter can be controlled by two LFOs (one with simultaneous multiple waveforms which can be mixed for complex control waveshapes) and an ADSR envelope and then onto an output section with separate LFOs for control of amplitude and panning. This passes to a distortion section with up to four different distortion units followed by a delay and a convolution reverb featuring custom impulses.
The Advanced Noise Generator is therefore capable of creating all manner of dense and undulating noisescapes as well as no end of noise sweeps and effects … and with the distortion units, they can stray into IDM territory.
But the Advanced Noise Generator has another trick up its sleeve – the ‘Serendipity’ button! Click on the Hollow Sun brass plaque at the top and have the A.N.G. create a new sound for you at random. It might not be immediately useful but could send you off in new, creative directions. It also comes with 40 ‘presets’ which can be used as is or as the basis of your own creations.
It’s quirky, odd, different, unique and typical of the MLMs and a fine adjunct to the rest of the series.
Hollow Sun’s Advanced Noise Generator is suitable for almost any modern musical genre, providing noise sweeps, SFX and various distortion units.
Advanced Noise Generator features
- Advanced Retro Synthesis Engine.
- True analogue white, pink and low frequency noise.
- Each sample 2 minutes long and seamlessly looped.
- Multimode filter -2/4/6-pole LP, 2/4-pole BP, 1/2-pole HP.
- Phase shifter filter.
- 2 x LFOs, one with simultaneous multiwaves.
- Various distorion effects.
- Delay and convolution reverb.
- ‘Serendipity’ function randomly creates new sounds.
- 40 presets.
The Advanced Noise Generator is available to purchase for £8 GBP.
More information: Hollow Sun / Advanced Noise Generator
, analyser and monitor
, effect plugins
Posted in news
on Jul 06, 2012 - 0 comments
iZotope has released version 2.1 of its RX audio repair toolkit for Windows and Mac.
RX 2.1 includes several important updates that address plugin improvements, AAX support, 64-bit Windows version and stability improvements.
Changes in RX v2.1
- New Features
- Spectral Repair plugin usability improvements, including:
- Added a playhead inside the plugin for timing reference.
- Added ‘Play Selection’ option when running RX 2 as a plug-in.
- Increased the size of the captured buffer, which differs based on sampling rate.
- Compatibility Changes
- Added AAX support, available as an option during installation.
- 64-bit application support for Windows.
- Improved support for 3rd party plug-ins hosted in the RX Advanced Standalone application.
- Other Changes
- Fixed issues with Pro Tools handles.
- Improved readability of exported XML History.
- Other bug fixes and stability improvements.
RX for Windows and Mac is available to purchase for $349 USD. RX Advanced is $1,199 USD.
More information: iZotope / RX
Tonebytes has announced Industrial Noise, an instrument plug-in in collaboration with Softrave.
Easy-to-use virtual effect plug-in for Windows which adds the sound of different mechanisms, machines and technical devices to your recordings. The purpose of the plug-in is to add sounds typically found in various industries, plants and factories. It has 21 sound profiles, including the sound of motors, pumps, fans, tools, and machines and much more other.
Add some mechanical noise of machines to your productions with Industrial Noise.
Industrial Noise features
- 21 sound profiles, including motors, pumps, fans, tools and machines & more.
- 3 slots produce complex and variable noise environments by mixing profiles.
- Embedded equalizer for emphasizing or muting those parts of the noise profile.
- Built-in preset manager with 32 factory presets.
- VST automation and full MIDI Learn support.
Industrial Noise for Windows (VST) is available to purchase for 15 EUR / $20 USD.
More information: ToneBytes / Industrial Noise
SyncerSoft has announced Noise VST, an effect which adds the sound and atmosphere of analog recordings to your tracks and mixes.
The purpose of the plug-in is to add sounds typically found in the common electrical and mechanical devices that surround us in our life. For this goal, Noise has 25 sound profiles, including the sound of compressor, demagnetizer, kinoprojektor, neon tube, etc. With the help of the embedded equalizer, it is possible to either emphasize or mute those parts of the noise profile you want. The features of the equalizer are selected in such a way that it keeps its use of noise sounding natural.
A big range of noise level settings makes it possible to saturate the sound a little, or to greatly distort it. This allows Analog Noise to be used not only for adding effects to sound, but also as a source of the sound of different noises to be used in experimental styles of electronic music.
In the set there are 41 of Factory presets based on 25 of noise profile.
The built-in preset manager makes it easy to save the settings and quickly access them or share them with other Noise users. In addition, VST automation and full MIDI Learning are supported.
Noise for Windows (VST) is available to purchase for $20 USD / 15 EUR.
More information: SyncerSoft / Noise
, instrument plugins
Posted in news
on Jun 06, 2012 - 0 comments
ToneBytes has released Ambient Nature Noise, a virtual instrument for Windows, which adds the sound and atmosphere of alive and lifeless nature to your recordings.
The purpose of the plug-in is to add sounds typically found in the surrounding world. For this goal, Ambient Nature Noise has 21 sound profiles, including the sound of birds, insects, bats, trees and other flora and fauna, and the sounds of lifeless nature such as sound of waterfall and rain, wash, fire crackling and much more other.
Add the sounds of nature to your music with ToneBytes Amient Nature Noise for Windows.
Ambient Nature Noise features
- 3 slots for mixing different noise profiles to produce complex and variable noise environments.
- Embedded equalizer for emphasizing or muting those parts of the noise profile you want.
- 32 factory presets based on 21 noise profiles.
- Built-in preset manager makes it easy to save the settings and quickly access them or share them with other Ambient Nature Noise users.
- VST automation and full MIDI Learning are supported.
The Ambient Nature Noise plug-in for Windows (VST) is available to purchase for $20 USD / 15 EUR.
More information: ToneBytes / Ambient Nature Noise
Detunized releases 1konkret, a sound library for Ableton Live.
1konkret exposes all those daily noises and sounds that actually nobody needs. Because nothing is more annoying than screaming hard disks, rumbling elevators, creaking doors and windows or even espresso machines going into standby. In spite of that Stephan Marche from Detunized took the challenge and gave soul to this tonal garbage so that it can be used in a reasonable way.
The results are 99 lacy created presets for the Live library that introduce a wide spectra of acousmatic sounds. The Live Pack includes categories like “Cadenced”, “Impulse”, “Retro-SciFi” and even harmonically playable Pads, Leads and Textures.
1konkret is available to purchase for the introductory price of 7 EUR.
More information: Detunized / 1konkret
Noise Agency has released Tweak Box, a free sample pack.
This sample pack is a series of versatile, atmospheric sample packs by the experienced sound designers of the Noise Agency. In this unique pack you’ll find over 50 24bit modulation variations, and over 100 tweaked one-shot hits samples. The Tweak Box sample pack is a wonderfully weird collection of sound samples which would be great for producers of IDM, Glitch, Experimental, and Minimal styles of music.
This varied package is fresh, massively inspiring, and equally great for creating ear-catching drops or layering with more traditional beats. All sounds leave enough space for your own creative ideas to flourish. In fact, your eagerness to experiment might be well-encouraged.
The sample pack is a free download at the Noise Agency website.
More information: Noise Agency / Tweak Box