Numark has announced the M101 and M101USB, two professional 2-channel DJ mixers.
M101 is a highly adaptable two-channel mixer for DJs. M101 lets mobile DJs get up and running quickly regardless of what gear they’ve brought to the gig. Whether for weddings, parties, clubs and everything in-between, the M101 is a perfect mixer for beginners and seasoned DJs alike who want a durable two-channel solution.
M101USB builds on the M101 with the addition of an easy-to-use USB audio interface for DJs who want the option of working with their computer as well as traditional analog I/O. Beyond simply mixing, both M101 and M101USB have built-in EQ so that DJs can fine tune their mix depending on the room or the tracks themselves.
Both mixers include two pairs of switchable phono/line inputs, a crossfader, ¼” mic input and stereo RCA line output for connection to an amplifier, powered speakers or another mixer. Both can be rack-mounted and feature Numark’s legendary industrial-grade durability.
More information: Numark / M101 / M101USB
Numark has announced Red Wave headphones designed by DJ for DJs.
Red Wave headphones were designed with the entire DJ experience in mind. Their superior sound, eye-catching looks and comfortable design make RED WAVE headphones the clear choice of professional DJs.
Red Wave features
- High-quality full-range headphones designed for DJs.
- Swivel design allowing DJs the flexibility to monitor house audio and cue audition.
- Breathable protein-leather padding that remains comfortable during extended use.
- Large 50 mm driver, neodynium magnet and voice coil for optimal frequency response.
- Balanced detachable headphone cable with ¹/8″ adapter for use with MP3 players.
- Professional build and modern design matched with superior sound.
- Includes case to protect and store headphones, cable and adaptor.
- 1/4-inch connector with 1/8-inch adaptor included for use with virtually any DJ gear.
More information: Numark / Red Wave
Related: audio interface
Posted in news
on Jan 13, 2011 - 0 comments
Numark has introduced the NS6, a DJ controller for Serato ITCH which delivers massive control, mixing and I/O capabilities.
NS6 is a 4-channel Digital DJ controller with complete built in mixer and 4 decks of software control. This easy to use dual-platter system has been designed in collaboration with Serato to deliver powerful breakthrough performance to a broad range of DJs.
NS6 borrows from the popular designs of Numark’s award-winning NS7FX and V7 controllers and delivers substantial new features including the most responsive, high-resolution touch-activated platters ever produced in a DJ product. The wheels on NS6 deliver 3600 ticks of resolution per rotation; when combined with NS6’s automatically adjusted platter sensitivity the result is ultra-precise, high definition turntable control.
- Built-in 4 Channel DJ Mixer that works with or without the computer.
- Inputs for 4 line, 2 turntables, 2 microphones.
- Serato’s Itch 4 Deck DJ software included.
- Built-in professional 24-bit audio interface with balanced XLR outputs.
- Touch sensitive illuminated wheels with 3600 ticks of resolution per rotation.
- Strip Search with track position indicator.
- Channel assignable effects controls.
- Mouse-less library navigation with view options.
- Deck Controls include: Key Lock, Pitch Control, Manual and Instant Looping, Hot Cues and Beat grid.
- NS6’s uses standard MIDI protocols enabling DJs to use it with a variety of MIDI software.
Numark will showcase NS6 at the 2011 Winter NAMM Show in Anaheim, CA, Booth #6400, January 13 – 16.
More information: Numark / NS6
Numark has introduced iDJ, a new app which allows you to create seamless, synchronized playlists using your iTunes music library on iPad.
iDJ allows anyone to make instant, continuous mixtapes of their favorite songs all blended together as one in perfect rhythm. As fun as it is powerful, iDJ’s elegant interface and patented technology will have you assembling customized soundtracks that ignite, accompany and enhance every occasion. Whether for workouts, road trips, dance parties or any other event, iDJ keeps your music moving and completely in time for an exciting new playlist experience.
iDJ’s music management system is both simple and streamlined letting you quickly build playlists using any song within your iTunes music library. More than just a lightning-fast method of building mobile mixtapes, however, iDJ’s patented BPM (beats per minute) detection technology makes your music meld together as one. As you add songs, iDJ analyzes their sonic-waveforms, calculates tempos and then automatically performs optimal transitions throughout the playlist. In the DJ world, it’s called “beat-matching”; the art of sequencing multiple songs in succession at the same speed as if one continual song. The end result being a playlist that flows from start to finish as a cohesive track.
- Create seamless, synchronized playlists of your iTunes music library on iPad.
- Automatically detects songs’ tempo and performs crossfades in perfect time.
- Mix up to four songs at once for a completely new playlist experience.
- Playlists can contain an unlimited number of songs.
- Playlists can support audio WAV, MP3 and AAC files.
- Easily manage your iDJ music using Itunes 9.2 (or later) on Mac or PC.
iDJ for iPad is available to purchase from the iTunes App Store for $9.99 USD.
More information: Numark / iDJ
Algoriddim has released version 3.1.2 of djay, a DJ mixing application for Mac.
Just a quick note to let you know that we’re happy to announce djay 3.1.2. We’ve been somewhat quiet recently because we’ve been working on some incredible things which you will hear more about soon. Nonetheless we wanted to share a number of improvements and fixes for djay 3 with you
Changes in djay v3.1.2
- Improved playback and recording performance.
- Improved graphics performance with Snow Leopard.
- Fixed issues with recording files.
- Fixed analyze library issue.
- Fixed issue with installing custom MIDI Mappings.
- Added support for Numark Mixtrack.
- Reloop Digital Jockey IE2: fixed button light of right cue button.
The update is recommended for all users of djay 3.
More information: Algoriddim
Image-Line has released version 1.6.3 of Deckadance, a DJ mixing application for Windows and Mac.
We’re please to announce Deckadance 1.6.3 which features support for iTunes playlists and has a built-in DVS Control signal.
Changes in Deckadance
- Version 1.63
- Added support for Dj-Tech 101 series
- Fix a problem with setup and itunes buttons in LE version
- Fix a crash problem at BPM analysis with a few rare sound files
- Fix a problem with the VCM-100 midi mapping
- Version 1.62
- Fix “Drag & Drop” problem from iTunes on Mac OSX
- Changed Key slider behaviour. Now, moving the slider changes the key in semitones (shift+move = fine adjustment)
- Improved minihost support for some soundcards (Windows)
- Improved support of MsPinky vinyls in absolute mode for side B
- Version 1.61
- New BPM detector engine with improved beat tracking (…remember to re-analyze your library)
- New search function for playlist and itunes panels
- New playlist archive history. DD saves automatically the last playlist played to the “playlists” folder
- Added support for Reloop Digital Jockey midi controller (FW 2.6)
- Improved search input boxes (unicode support)
- Fixed some folder installation problems
- Changed DownBeat button behaviour. Now, it’s possible to move the beatgrid in 1/8 note length
- Version 1.60
- Itunes integration panel. You can browse your iTunes Library and drop songs onto playlist from this new panel
- New Deckadance Control CD Creator to generate an ultra-accurate timecode file for cd players
- Added support for Dj-Tech iMix MKII
- Added support for Numark Omni Control
- New Audio Setup panel with different configuration options for inputs & outputs and intelligent auto-mapping behaviour
- New Setup Global Options with improved design and extended options
- Added support for Japanese glyphs in playlist/browser items
- Simplified version numbering (X.XX format)
- Improved multi drop files from Finder onto Deckadance (Mac OSX)
- Fix DVS absolute mode position detection bug introduced since 1.50.2
- Fix some problems in the MIDI kernel engine
- Fix drag and drop files from Explorer with non ASCII characters (Windows)
- Fix playlist Open & Save problems with non ASCII characters (Windows)
- Fix midi setup Open & Save problems with non ASCII characters (Windows)
- Fix importing iTunes playlist with non ASCII characters (Windows)
- Fix some problems when beatmarks are saved
- Improved loading of OGG & WAV files
- Improved VSTi plugin support for Mac host applications
- Change shortcut for mouse fine pitch control to “SHIFT” key
- Fix “CTRL+key” shortcuts problem on Mac OSX
Deckadance v1.6.3 can be downloaded for PC and Mac here.
Deckadance is available to purchase starting at $99 USD for the House Edition, and $179 USD for the Club Edition (new Image-Line customers can get a discount of 10% with this promo link).
More information: Image-Line / Deckadance
Numark has announced the NSFX, an effects controller designed in collaboration with Serato, to compliment the Numark NS7 performance controller for DJs.
NS7 DJs can now take advantage of Serato ITCH’s effects capabilities with NSFX. Designed in collaboration with Serato for the ITCH system, NSFX is designed to mate perfectly with NS7, delivering seamless integration and hands-on control of the wide range of effects built into ITCH. Those effects will sync automatically to the tempo of the track to which they are applied, allowing for quick, easy, musically satisfying results every time.
DJs attach NSFX to NS7’s integrated laptop stand for convenient access to effects controls. Designed to match the high-quality fit and finish of NS7, NSFX delivers the same robust, professional feel that NS7 users have grown accustomed to. Because Numark designed NSFX in collaboration with Serato, it is instantly compatible with ITCH. Users simply plug NSFX in via USB, which will activate the effects functionality in the latest version of ITCH. All parameter controls are intelligently pre-mapped and no software-driver installation is needed so DJs literally plug and play with NSFX. Club DJs will appreciate NSFX’s light-up controls that indicate each control’s setting and/or status for visual feedback in virtually any lighting environment.
- Activate and control the effects in Serato ITCH with NS7.
- Chain multiple effects to a single source.
- Route effects to either deck or to the Aux or Main outputs.
- Designed in collaboration with Serato for seamless compatibility with the latest version of ITCH.
- Light-up controls make it easy to keep tabs on effects status.
- Plug-and-play USB supplies power and works without installing drivers.
- Conveniently mounts on NS7′s integrated laptop stand.
- Fits in NS7 CASE for protection in transit to the gig.
NSFX will be available from musical instrument and DJ retailers Q4, 2009.
More information: Numark / NSFX