Sinevibes has announced Switch, a gate sequencer effect plugin for Mac.
Gate offers a quick and easy way to slice and strobe drum beats, apply intricate motion onto instruments and vocals, or make any static sound have rhythmic feel.
Gate to the next level. Switch cycles through a gate pattern with up to 32 steps, automatically shown in normal or triplet arrangement. With variable sequencer rate, swing, gate time and lag, it can match the timing and musical feel of any input material. Moreover, a single preset in Switch holds 8 separate patterns – and you can automate them in your productions or during live performance.
All-round utility. A gate sequencer is arguably the most universal effect, as it can be applied virtually onto anything. Switch works great with both rhythmic and ambient parts, adding subtle motion or shredding it into pieces. It’s an essential tool for any genre – be it club or urban, acoustic or electronic, popular or experimental.
Inspiration interface. Sinevibes customers have long gotten used to the ease of use and extreme focus of our products, and Switch continues this tradition further. It has a single-view interface with precise and stylish controls which instantly let you see how it works – almost as if you designed this tool yourself. And a big productivity boost is given by multiple functions to duplicate, randomise and repeat patterns.
Switch for Mac (AU) costs $29 USD.
More information: Sinevibes / Switch
Sinevibes has announced the release of Shift, a new animated frequency shifter AudioUnit effect plugin for Mac.
It is designed to add tasty vibes to basses, synths and pads, spice up drum and percussion loops, or simply turn anything into a mad glitch.
The Shift animated frequency shifter for Mac OS X 10.6 or later.
- Processing bliss — At the core of Shift lies a precise model of the Bode frequency shifter with a silky smooth sound. It can be tuned to produce anything from phasing and wobbling to metallic ringing, beeps and buzzes. And this effect works well with absolutely any type of sound source.
- Advanced motion — To modulate the frequency shifter, Shift uses its built-in sequencer with up to 32 steps, variable rate and shuffle. With an ability to assign one of 8 envelope shapes per individual step, you can build incredibly elaborate patterns. Inside a single preset, Shift can also store up to 8 separate sequences which you can instantly switch between or automate via your host.
- Never-ending fun — Shift has been meticulously designed to blend usability with flexibility. Its colour-coded, single-view interface has fluid visual feedback and takes no time to learn. This makes it a kind of tool you will want to use again and again.
Shift for Mac (AU) is available to purchase for $29 USD.
More information: Sinevibes / Shift
Sinevibes has announced version 2.0 of Sequential, a multi-effect sequencer AudioUnit plugin for Mac OS X.
This new version has been totally reworked from the ground up according to a newly-developed design language, it also brings two new effect types and a host of other improvements.
Sinevibes Sequential lets you re-architect loops into completely new, rich material.
Sequential 2.0 features
- Effects galore — Sequential features a total of 16 fine-tuned algorithms which filter, distort or even synthesise sound – with phaser and frequency shifter just added in version 2.0. Regardless of the music genre, you can add subtle spice or completely warp everything. Even a plain static waveform becomes a whole performance on its own.
- Polished precision — With fast and seamless switching, as well as variable sequencer rate and swing ratio, Sequential easily matches the timing of any part. Each effect has its own unique character and dynamic response, inviting you to explore this tool like a musical instrument.
- Engaging workflow — Sequential features a sleek user interface which puts all of its features right at your disposal. With clever colour coding and visual feedback, it instantly gets into your creative flow. In fact, using Sequential almost feels like playing a game – proving that work and fun can mix.
Sequential 2.0 for Mac (AU) is available to purchase for $39 USD. The update is free to existing users.
More information: Sinevibes / Sequential
Sinevibes has updated the Torsion hybrid synthesizer plugin for Mac to version 1.1.0.
Torsion is a monophonic Audio Unit instrument plugin built upon a unique combination of multiple synthesis technologies and modulation sources, wrapped into an intuitive interface which makes working with it as fun as playing a game. It has a very distinctive, original sound character – and is ready to push your musical creativity in a fresh new direction.
The Torsion synthesizer features 3 oscillators, each with 4 basic additive waveforms and 4 waveshape models.
Changes in Torsion v1.1.0
- Keyboard trigger sync on/off switch per each LFO.
- Increased modulation oscillator precision to eliminate filter FM harshness.
- Modulation LFO now affects modulation oscillator.
- New oscillator frequency slider design with semitone/octave tick marks.
- Oscillator frequency can be adjusted in semitone steps by holding the “option” key.
- New parameter slider design, continuous or discrete depending on type.
- High-pass filter cutoff now also affects the filter graph.
- Less vibrant red colour on envelope controls.
- Envelope AHDSR stage labels.
- Fixed issue when some notes would not play back if the host feeds a large amount of MIDI information.
- 25 new preset patches.
Torsion for Mac (AU) costs $49 USD. The update is free for existing Torsion users.
More information: Sinevibes /Torsion
Sinevibes has announced the release of Torsion, a new monophonic Audio Unit instrument plugin built upon a unique combination of multiple synthesis technologies and modulation sources, wrapped into an intuitive interface.
Torsion has a very distinctive, original sound character – and is ready to push your musical creativity in a fresh new direction.
At first glance, Torsion’s sound structure is similar to a traditional subtractive synthesiser – three oscillators going into a low-pass filter and into an amplifier – and it’s certainly as easy to use. But Torsion’s oscillators are completely different: they produce simple additive waves based on just a few partials, which are then enriched with lots of new spectral content using a technique called waveshape modelling (which literally “curls” the wave in real time). To further spice the sound up, there is a ring modulator and an audio-range oscillator for filter FM.
Torsion features as many as four separate LFO generators – one for each oscillator and one for the filter and output amplifier. In addition to precise synchronisation, each LFO cycle can be self-randomised, which makes the modulation rhythmical yet non-repetitive. There are also two AHDSR envelope generators, as well as a two-dimensional chaos oscillator.
The interface of Torsion is designed with high-contrast, colour coded elements, which lets you operate the instrument intuitively in just a few minutes. It also includes graphic representations for every building block – oscillator waves, LFO phases, envelope shapes and filter spectrum all change as you modify them, making sound design with Torsion a truly engaging, fun process.
- Three oscillators each with four basic additive waveforms and four waveshape models.
- -24 dB/octave resonant low-pass filter.
- -12 dB/octave high-pass filter.
- Ring modulator.
- Modulation oscillator for low-pass filter FM.
- Four tempo-synchronised LFO generators with four waveforms and per-cycle randomisation.
- Two AHDSR envelope generators.
- Two-dimensional chaos modulation generator based on Lorenz attractor.
Torsion for Mac (AU) is available to purchase for $49 USD.
More information: Sinevibes / Torsion