ThaLoops has announced the release of Cello 4 Hip Hop, a 1.4 GB virtual instrument for Kontakt and SoundFont, developed for urban music producers.
The cello worth 6k$ was sampled in a top studio using premium mics (A pair of Neumann U-87, Schoeps CMC641 and Blue Custom Microphone), run through a-class preamps.
The instrument includes 861 wav samples of various cello articulations covering 5 velocity layers per note and real trigger release sounds:
- Detache ( 5 velocity layers per note, polyphonic, vibrato with mod. wheel.)
- Legato (5 velocity layers per note, vibrato with mod. wheel.)
- Staccato (5 velocity layers per note.)
- Pizzicato (5 velocity layers per note.)
- Authentic Glissandos (octaves on every string C,G,D,A, solo and fifths.)
- Authentic Trills.
Unlike other virtual cello instruments, Cello 4 Hip Hop is an affordable professional library developed not just for movie scoring producers, but also for musicians who produce in genres such as urban hip hop and pop; strong, suede low end cello sound do not interfere with the powerful 808 layered hip hop kicks.
Compose catchy lead melodies and harmonies and layer modern synthesizers with the natural, edgy cello sound to add richness to your beats.
The Cello 4 Hip Hop library is available in Kontakt and SoundFont formats, priced at $34.95 USD.
More information: ThaLoops / Cello 4 Hip Hop
DSK Music has announced that its DSK HQ Instruments are now available in more formats.
We have over 446 HQ instruments, in 7 differents formats:
- Reason NN-XT
- Giga (Sampler / Studio)
After making a small donation, you will have access to a huge collection of high quality instruments.
Donations helps to support DSK Music project!
More information: DSK Music
Single Cell Software has updated its Caustic music app for iOS and Android to version 3.0.1.
Caustic 3 is a music creation tool inspired by rack-mount synthesizers / samplers rigs.
Everything is real-time and optimized for mobile devices.
Changes in Caustic v3.0.1
- Support for more .instr file formats.
- Fix for loading ZIP instrument format.
- Fixed occasional crash bug when deleting patterns.
- [iOS] Fix for audio coming out of phone receiver instead of speaker on iPhone.
- [iOS] Fix for Caustic’s audio cutting out when returning from other apps.
- [iOS] Fix for stuck MIDI notes.
- [iOS] Fix for missing .MID import.
- [iOS] SoundFont import tweaks.
- [iOS] Added advanced option to fill screen in landscape on iPad.
- [Android] Allow .MID file import in demo.
- [Android] Disable mic on certain Tegra devices.
- [Android] Improved MIDI device detection.
Caustic for iOS and Android is available to purchase for $9.99 USD.
More information: Single Cell Software / Caustic
CWI Technology has released version 2.3.0 of the TX16Wx and TX16Wx Professional software sampler instruments for Windows and Mac.
TX16Wx Software Sampler is a plug-in for the creative musician, inspired and modeled after the best hardware samplers with all the ease and new exiting features modern software brings.
A multitimbral instrument that actually samples, and with a documented file format so you never will be locked in to a single instrument.
This version contains many new features and fixes, such as group cross fading, SoundFont patch loading and improved FX.
Changes in TX16Wx v2.3.0
- Fixed MIDI note names not being refreshed in some hosts.
- Fixed load failure with certain banks created with older versions.
- Fixed send:pre-fader not loaded from bank.
- Fixed delay feedback issue.
- Fixed bug loading performance with tempo delay.
- Fixed dry/wet mix issue in Chorus/Flanger.
- Fixed some sound fonts imported with bad play mode.
- Fixed mouse wheel scrolling for large windows.
- Fixed crash in Sonar X2 when loosing window focus.
- Fixed turning automated knobs not sending automation data to host.
- Modified LFO and Seq modulators parameter UI disposition to be more powerful.
- Added Mono and Ping-pong mode to delay.
- Added lo/hi frequency cut for reverb.
- Added 3-band equalizer effect.
- Chorus/Flanger/Phaser inserts now converts mono to stereo for nicer sound.
- Added note priority selector for playing Mono/Legato modes.
- Added override root key functionality to splits.
- SFZ and SF2 import now uses overriding root keys.
- Added name-based auto keyboard mapping tool.
- Added Soundfont sample and patch loading. SF2 files can now be browsed and partially loaded.
- Soundfont import now uses much less memory.
- Added BPM/R modulation source (host/wave relative tempo).
- Program files now store wave metadata overrides such as root key, loops etc to allow more local modifications of waves without needing to save them.
- Added setting to save reapeaks files in separate folder.
- Added group crossfade regions (pro version).
- Introduced crossfade between sample sources when playing in ono/legato mode to reduce clicking.
- Voice stealing now produces smoother sound.
- Intersecting groups can now be selected by Ctrl-rightclick on mapper keyboard.
- Playing notes on the key mapper keyboard can now vary velocity with Ctrl, Shift and Ctrl+Shift.
TX16Wx for Windows and Mac (VST/AU) is available as freeware. The Professional edition costs 89 EUR (commercial) / 29 EUR (non-commercial).
More information: CWI Technology
Luxonix has launched Cajon free, a virtual cajon percussion instrument.
A cajon is box-shaped percussion instrument, played by slapping the front or rear faces with hands, fingers, or brushes. We sampled cajon for Kontakt library. Our product is not limited acoustic, can be widely used to your various music genre.
Cajon free is for Kontakt and SoundFont. Kontakt format is for Kontakt users. SoundFont format is for SoundFont players, EXS24, HALion, NN-XT, etc.
Cajon free features
- 4 Velocity Layered.
- 4 Round Robin.
- 1 .NKI Kontakt instrument presets for Kontakt 5.
- 72 samples.
- 24 bit / 44.1 kHz .NCW format samples (Lossless compression).
- About 5 MB installed.
- Not included Mixer UI.
- Not included cinematic presets.
Cajon free for Kontakt is available to download now, the full version will be available to purchase soon. The SoundFont version is a simplified version of the virtual instrument.
More information: Luxonix / Cajon free
Precisionsound has announced the release of the Nordic Psalmodikon, a virtual instrument library for Kontakt, EXS24 and SoundFont.
The Nordic Psalmodikon is a single-stringed instrument with a haunting tone, captured in multiple articulations for cinematic and creative music production.
The Nordic Psalmodikon library is useful and unusual in its tone, ideal for cinematic scoring and creative music production if you like to add an “edge” to your sound.
Nordic Psalmodikon features features
- 537 mono 24-bit WAV samples, 195 MB content.
- Sustained, Marcato, Staccato, and Picked articulations.
- Unique “scraped overtone” versions of all bowed articulations.
- 1 program for Kontakt 3-5 with script and GUI.
- 15 programs for Kontakt 2.
- 16 programs for EXS24.
- 7 programs in SoundFont format (16bit).
Nordic Psalmodikon is available to purchase for $29 USD (includes all formats).
More information: Precisionsound / Nordic Psalmodikon
Posted in news
on Jun 18, 2013 - 0 comments
Skylife has launched a pre-order for the SampleRobot Sampling Suite for Mac OS X.
Forthcoming is the new release of the SampleRobot Sampling Suite for Mac OS X. For the first time all Mac users can benefit from the professional sample converter Awave Studio in combination with SampleRobot and Alchemy Player. Create, convert, play and edit complex multi-samples and instruments with ease.
With the SampleRobot Sampling Suite Mac users can master all kinds of sampling challenges. It is a complete software package that should be part of every studio.
SampleRobot Sampling Suite features
- Turn acoustic and electronic instruments, voices and noises into virtual instruments fast.
- Fully automated sampling.
- Intuitive project assistant.
- Sophisticated auto-loop processing and editing.
- Alchemy Export Bridge.
- Sampling of virtual instruments.
- Play your samples directly after export, edit effects, modulation and envelopes.
- Convert about 290 audio and multi-sample formats.
- Import formats like AKAI S1000, MPC, Kurzweil K2xxx, Roland S, Ensoniq and MIDI Sample Dump.
- Extract samples from sampling CDs.
- Audio batch processing, auto-loop for all, resampling, normalizing, gaining, fading.
- Export samples directly to Steinberg HALion 4, Logic Pro EXS24, NI Kontakt 4, Reason NN-XT, Waldorf Blofeld, Soundfont2 and many others.
- Import and export for Yamaha Tyros 2+3, Motif XS+XF.
- Full MIDI remote control, incl. program and bank changes, multi-velocity layering.
- Release-sample editing.
- Optimum loop handling incl. forward-backward loop with 2 independent crossfades and auto-gain functionality.
- Sample and export whole synthesizer sound bank in one go (Instrument Copier).
- Premium multi-samples from classic synthesizers included.
The SampleRobot 4 Sampling Suite for Mac OS X is available to pre-order for $349 USD (regular $399 USD). The suite is scheduled for delivery in the last week of June, 2013.
More information: SampleRobot